Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ V Pre Plan Thread - See New Topic Stickie  (Read 50640 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Re: Offical CANVAZ V thread
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »
Well, I am slated to be tailgunner on Rattlesnake on Saturday, so RB won't be alone.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »
Have we talked about the evening trail?

JCX

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »
Hi Guys...My family and I (wife and 2 kids) are interested in the Rattlesnake Canyon run on Saturday for our first trip in our Xterra. I just have a few questions. I assume this is an easy trail? How many hours will it take to finish? Will I need anything else besides a stock 4x4? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »
Hi Guys...My family and I (wife and 2 kids) are interested in the Rattlesnake Canyon run on Saturday for our first trip in our Xterra. I just have a few questions. I assume this is an easy trail? How many hours will it take to finish? Will I need anything else besides a stock 4x4? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
It is a Green trail, so stock vehicle and novice skills should be sufficient.  How long it takes depends on how many we wind up with in the group and if there are any mechanical issues.  I would plan on bringing lunch along, especially with kids.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »

This is a green trail, but you need to be prepared.

Can you tell us a little about your Xterra?  (Year, modifications, tires?)

As far as the trail timing, it depends on the number of rigs tackling it.

A stock 4x4 "can" complete this trail...with good spotting...and if you air down to at least 18-20 lbs in all four tires.  Bring a tire gauge, and an alternative air source (air compressor) to air back up at the end of the trail.

This is an excellent trail, if you are prepared and have the appropriate expectations.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
Sorry guys, I've been out of town again.  I had to smuggle Cubans (cigars not refugees) into Monaco for Prince Albert... or was it Herb Albert?
 Anywho, typically we try to get a 'feel' for the interest in the trails that the trail masters have volunteered to run.  We will have a general meeting spot each morning to sort out the details.  If a Trail Master wishes they can have their own meeting spot if it helps logistically.
Night runs are handled similarly but even more loosely.  Find the trails you like, know who the TM is and follow this thread and you will be fine.  Stupid questions are the ones not asked...really stupid questions will be mocked ;)
Be sure to check out the CANAVAZ camping thread for any questions there.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
Whoever is running the John Bull with me on Sunday Oct 11th please meet up at the Fawnskin Ranger station. Since people will be coming from different spots I want to leave there NLT 1000. If I don't have your cell phone # please pm it to me so I can make sure any last minute changes are handled. Ultrapac40, can you pm me your friends number if he doesn't mind.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:28:30 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
OK so I finally was able to get on my computer to update the run rosters. So if you guys can look it over and see if I missed anything, or anyone.

ultrapc40

• Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
Celt. Message sent. He is bring the JK. The Grand Cherokee blew a hose and killed he engine. He donated it. Man some lucky guy is going to get a sweet rig.

JCX

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2012 Super Black S
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
This is a green trail, but you need to be prepared.

Can you tell us a little about your Xterra?  (Year, modifications, tires?)

As far as the trail timing, it depends on the number of rigs tackling it.

A stock 4x4 "can" complete this trail...with good spotting...and if you air down to at least 18-20 lbs in all four tires.  Bring a tire gauge, and an alternative air source (air compressor) to air back up at the end of the trail.

This is an excellent trail, if you are prepared and have the appropriate expectations.

I have a 2012 S 4x4 with 275/70R16 BFG All Terrain T/A KO Tires, front and rear tow points, minor hand tools, tow strap, tire gauge and cheap air compressor. I didn't think spotting and air down would be needed for a green trail?

ultrapc40

• Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
Airs down just makes things more comfortable.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:07:35 AM by ultrapc40 »

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »
OK so I finally was able to get on my computer to update the run rosters. So if you guys can look it over and see if I missed anything, or anyone.

Can you add Dany on the John Bull please. He's not on these forums but is going to be there for the run.
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
I'll being doing the black trails on both days.  I got me some skid plates and I want to beat them up. >:D
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
I have a 2012 S 4x4 with 275/70R16 BFG All Terrain T/A KO Tires, front and rear tow points, minor hand tools, tow strap, tire gauge and cheap air compressor.

Excellent...all of that should prepare you for Rattlesnake Canyon.

I didn't think spotting and air down would be needed for a green trail?

Well...90% of the trail can be run without spotters.  And this will be up to the trail leader as to how they run RC...but airing down is always a good idea when we wheel together as a group.

It improves your ride (main reason) and contact/traction patch across rocks/sand...of which RC is 100% comprised of.

Our goal as a group is to ensure that new peeps set the appropriate expectations for our Xcursions...and a trail leader running a Titan Swap with aftermarket coil overs and 35" tires might present a Green Trail a little differently than a trail leader running a stock Xterra.  We have many many folks that expected a completely guided tour (aka:  Jurassic Park) and others that arrive at the trail head with all the tools and knowledge appropriate to the run.

Some have run RC and considered it a milk run...while others have run it and lost step rails, mud flaps, and their minds in the process, never to return for another Xcursion.

You sound well prepared from your mods and tools mentioned..which is awesome.  8)

Looking forward to meeting you on the trial sometime... :)

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
Well done GeoYota!

JCX, this was my first trail with my stock rig.  It's a great trail with just 2 or 3 spots that will let you know how cool you X is.  Remove the sissy side steps and rear mud flaps or the trail might:D  Otherwise you sound good to go.  The trail loop should take about 5 hours.

These are all good questions, as I'm sure many others were wondering the same thing but are too shy.

Sunday we will have a 'very green' fire road, senic trail, that's 2-wheel friendly as well.

Look forward to meeting you and yours.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO