Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ V Pre Plan Thread - See New Topic Stickie  (Read 51769 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Offical CANVAZ V thread
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Let's get a roll call going of how many we're looking at and I'll figure out what we can do about spots...

Sounds good buddy, in my small group there will be 2 vehicles and six people. I would prefer to camp near everyone instead of all scattered about.
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
As of now, I plan on driving up the hill each day and staying at home instead of camping (it's only about an hour for me from home to Big Bear). This may change as we get closer to the event, but I'll wait to see how the arrangements for everyone are shaping up and make my decision based on that (if there's extra space, who is coming with me, etc.)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
Just Me and the Rig
So 1
and hell ya I'm Camping
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

jvr

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
Me too just me and my truck the girlfriend don't want to go  :D :D :D

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2015, 08:26:19 AM »
Mr. and Mrs. Duffman camping Fri. and Sat. with the fun-V ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »
I will be camping Friday and Saturday.  At this point, I think I'll be solo.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
FYI:

Hanna Flat and Crab Flats are two popular CG's.

Crab Flat is far away from the main trails (west)...BUT, 3N16 runs right behind the CG, so an easy fire road connector to John Bull/Dishpan Springs etc. 

Jacoby Cyn. and Gold Mountain are farther away (east), so Hanna Flat is a better CG for those.  You could hit Gold Mtn. and Jacoby Cyn. from 3N16, but you would need to plan for a bit of back roads drive time to make the trail heads.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
You also have Serrano Campground which is near the Discovery Center.   Nice campground.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »

Hey guys, Jason has a lot to handle here, especially since he can't make it :'(

To start with, is anybody (christiaan, maybe?) willing to wear the Camp Master hat, to organize the campers and forward a list for Jason to add to his front page?

Jason, How many 'NAVAZ' guys do we have comming so far?  Is there any talk on their websites, I'm embarassed that I don't even know there sites and have not checked. 
If you or anyone here knows please chime in.

Lastly, I just got back from 'my honeymoon' and have been out of the loop, so if this post is out dated, my apologies :-*

Thank you Jason for taking on this PITA duty for our notaclub group ;)

Last I checked there was no one coming from NV and we have a few from AZ. I cant see anything on newX or AZXC so I dont know the updates over there. And Ive had issues with gettting on here too so Ill try and update this.

And if anyone wants to take on making up stickers please let met know.

Sorry that I had I have to drop out from the run but theres no way Im getting my X done and ready for drive up there alone and then beating it up on the trails when I havent had time for a break in run. Just alittle too much for it even if I get it done by then.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2015, 08:41:01 PM »
Please add my friend George (TDS George) to John Bull and Holcomb Creek.  He will either bring a grand Cherokee or a JK.

Celt

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
Please add my friend George (TDS George) to John Bull and Holcomb Creek.  He will either bring a grand Cherokee or a JK.

So thus far there will be 3 (maybe) 4 on the John Bull. That's about the perfect number to run it. Can you tell me what he's equipped with i.e. HAM/CB front/rear lockers and winch. It's important to be able to know where to add them into the conga line.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
he will be fine. both jeeps are fully locked, ham, don't think he has a winch on the JK. He usually leads my groups run on the more difficult trails

Celt

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »
he will be fine. both jeeps are fully locked, ham, don't think he has a winch on the JK. He usually leads my groups run on the more difficult trails

Ok thanks much!

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2015, 11:30:58 AM »

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2015, 09:36:21 PM »
I'm noticing that a lot of people who said they are coming aren't signed up for any of the runs. Not that it's really a big deal, but I was trying to decide what runs to do myself and looking at the lists isn't giving me a good size up of what's going down. Being my first CANVAZ event, I'll just ask - is it normally a pretty loose/casual event to the point that you just show up at the meet spot for a run in the morning if you want to do it? I just wouldn't want to see a trail leader have no one show up (for example: RBduffer is the only one signed up for the Rattlesnake Canyon run on Saturday so far), or have 38 rigs show up for another one.

As of now, it looks like I'm going to do a Saturday run (I'm currently signed up for Pontiac Sluice) and a Sunday run. My cousin who is coming with me is actually leaving for a cross country trip in his truck three days after this event, so he wants to take it easy and make sure he doesn't break anything. This means I might actually switch to a green run for Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:54:44 PM by JFanaselle »