Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ V Pre Plan Thread - See New Topic Stickie  (Read 50691 times)

jvr

• 4wd Pts: 3
Re: Offical CANVAZ V thread
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
 ;D :o ::) I need a place to stay can anybody share campground space

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »
I may be able to swing a one nighter up there and run John Bull with you Erik...Just have to see where the kid's schedule puts me that weekend!  I'll keep ya posted! I would love to test out the new ARB fridge and run John Bull as a pre-run to the 5 day Death Valley trip in November! 

That would be great, I'm very close to cancelling because it seems that nobody wants to run that trail on this event for whatever reason. I have another buddy who may attend that's not on the forums so with three trucks that would be about perfect.
Isaiah 6:8

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »
I'd love to do John Bull if I am in town that weekend, but I can't commit to anything right now.
WE6DGR

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »
If you are cool with Jeeps going, i can see if I can get a few to run JB with you.  I am hoping to get the rear locker installed.  Never done JB so not sure if I will make it.

Celt

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »
If you are cool with Jeeps going, i can see if I can get a few to run JB with you.  I am hoping to get the rear locker installed.  Never done JB so not sure if I will make it.

My buddy that drives a Wrangler wants to come along, I just don't know what the organizer(s) want i.e. Nissan only event? I personally don't care if you drive a soap box with a Yugo motor in it as long as you want to go have some fun and the vehicle is capable. Hopefully I can get someone to chime in on this.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
I asked that same question in the other thread before the official thread started, and received the response that all are welcome:

This may be a silly question, and please don't flame me for asking - but since this isn't an "officially sanctioned" event, are we ok with extending invites to family and friends with capable vehicles that aren't of the Nissan variety? Or do we prefer to limit this to just Frontiers and Xterras from the tri-state area?

Some "regulars" come to mind, including my cousin with his F-150 and Celt's dad with his Jeep.

This is for anyone. Trails will have "requirements" to make sure the odds of spending the night on the trail are reduced. But other than that, all is fair game.
We had a jeep on the trail with us last time.
   I have a few Tacoma and Jeep buddies that might join us too.

Not sure if any of that has changed, but I was still planning on inviting my cousin.

Celt

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
I asked that same question in the other thread before the official thread started, and received the response that all are welcome:

Not sure if any of that has changed, but I was still planning on inviting my cousin.

Well there you go, thanks for the information!

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Re:
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »
I say who ever wants to come that is fine. Just don't have them do a trail that their rig isn't capable of doing.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re:
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
I say who ever wants to come that is fine. Just don't have them do a trail that their rig isn't capable of doing.

The rig, AND the driver  :P

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »
;D :o ::) I need a place to stay can anybody share campground space

Hey guys, Jason has a lot to handle here, especially since he can't make it :'(

To start with, is anybody (christiaan, maybe?) willing to wear the Camp Master hat, to organize the campers and forward a list for Jason to add to his front page?

Jason, How many 'NAVAZ' guys do we have comming so far?  Is there any talk on their websites, I'm embarassed that I don't even know there sites and have not checked. 
If you or anyone here knows please chime in.

Lastly, I just got back from 'my honeymoon' and have been out of the loop, so if this post is out dated, my apologies :-*

Thank you Jason for taking on this PITA duty for our notaclub group ;)
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
I'll help organize camping if that's ok w/ everyone

CANVAZ II camping thread:  http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php/topic,1533.0.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:12:24 PM by xxSVxx »

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2015, 10:43:57 PM »
I've never been wheeling in Big Bear, but if I can be help in some way let me know
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2015, 12:33:49 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to drop out of Toro's trail on the 10th due to family schedule. I'll be able to make it up there sometime Saturday afternoon. I'm still planning on leading John Bull on the 11th. Thus far it looks like myself and a buddy from work along with (Hopefully) Motorpig77. I was tossing around the idea of staying at Heart Bar campground. I stayed there about 2 years ago before I ran John Bull with Terry and Nick and Sergio and thought it was a real nice campground with room for all of our vehicles and tents etc. I know guys are running all sorts of trails and would love to meet up with the masses. What is the group consensus?

Hammer

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2015, 02:19:04 AM »
I've currently got 7 people listed as going.  I'm going to bump my thread and try to get some confirmations out of people but I believe everyone is planning on camping.  Where will we be camping and do I need to call and reserve spots?   

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:34 AM »
Let's get a roll call going of how many we're looking at and I'll figure out what we can do about spots...