Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: The anti-thread jack thread.  (Read 61246 times)

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: The anti-thread jack thread.
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2017, 09:10:37 AM »
Me too Jay...need to know what the scuttle was....WHAT DID JORDAN POST???  >:D >:D
Has the trailer broken yet?

Too soon?

The first mishap, this truck is done for the remainder of the trip... :o >:D

The Dalton Hwy boys had their first mechanical mishap.

In America, Gasoline pump handles are generally black and Diesel pump handles are generally Green. In Canadia, sometimes Diesel pump handles are black. Pay close attention to the labels and signs.

The first of many life lessons to be learned on this trip.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:12:18 AM by RikRong »
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
Green and black pump handles must've been left off the laminated name tag...

On a serious note...maybe Chris should've alerted the Wine Country Rock Crawler Jeep group of his plans so they could rally to the cause?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:40:13 AM by Ghost65 »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2017, 09:52:59 AM »
how is that a mechanical mishap? seems like driver error to me...
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
Well prepared, over prepared, thought of every possible occurrence, except for human error.  I'm sure the booze+drive times=incoherent drivers.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2017, 11:34:06 AM »
Me too Jay...need to know what the scuttle was....WHAT DID JORDAN POST???  >:D >:D

JTIII, Jordan was "stirring the pot"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/922/4iRuI3.png
The anti-thread jack thread.
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »
The Dalton Hwy boys had their first mechanical mishap.

In America, Gasoline pump handles are generally black and Diesel pump handles are generally Green. In Canadia, sometimes Diesel pump handles are black. Pay close attention to the labels and signs.

The first of many life lessons to be learned on this trip.

For starters, Canada is still in America. You'd think Mr. World Traveler himself would know that.

Second; just, wow. Can we say effed-up cats? Our cats are already so sensitive to even just the littlest amount of fuel not burning in the engine. I can only imagine how bad the damage would be. This rig may have emissions problems for the rest of its life. :(

This does, however, remind me of something that happened a few weeks ago at the Sam's Club gas station by my house. I pulled up to the front pump while the rear pump was occupied by a volkswagen sedan with two girls who appeared to be between the ages of 16 and 18. The girls were all too busy texting and giggling and chasing each other around and just being dumb as I got out of my car to start pumping my gas. They had already been at the pump before I pulled up, and hadn't even started pumping their gas yet until I was almost halfway done filling my own tank. They finally managed to figure out how to insert their membership card and ATM card, and got a few gallons of gasoline pumped into their car before they hung up the nozzle and prepared to drive off. I had just put my nozzle back on the hook and was printing my receipt when I heard them start their car and heard the very distinct noise of a diesel engine. Knowing that there is no Diesel at these pumps (there is only one pump at the whole station with Diesel), I knew they had just put gasoline in their tank. I tried to get their attention as they pulled away from the pump, but they were still too busy being dumb teenagers and didn't even notice me practically standing in front of them waving my arms. As they sped through the parking lot and turned out onto the road, I wondered just how far they were going to make it, and wondered even more how angry their parents were going to be. When I left, I didn't see them broken down out on the road, so they must have made it at least a few blocks.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
JTIII, Jordan was "stirring the pot"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/922/4iRuI3.png
The anti-thread jack thread.

Took me a minute (actually five) to get my forum bearings "over there...".  Jordan was calling a trailer a trailer...and it is a realisitic question fielded by knightrider...that Mr. Bills defended quite nicely, given his title of "Super Mod." 

I enjoyed the rush to fault the cheaply disguised welds (I mean that trailer did cost $8,000, I know I saw the receipt and followed it's fuc**ing blinking tail lights all the way from Las Vegas to Moab...) and DV washboard roads...and maybe it's overloaded tongue storage box?  Really...

That downed rig looked like Sean Taylor's/snelltaylor, quite possibly the smartest of the NorCal group headed to AK...hopefully theres room in Chris's "tongue box" for all of his ammo and barley whine so they can sojourn on.

I need to stop...so many sarcastic angles with this thread...just stop...count to 10...stop.  ;)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
Took me a minute (actually five) to get my forum bearings "over there...".  Jordan was calling a trailer a trailer...and it is a realisitic question fielded by knightrider...that Mr. Bills defended quite nicely, given his title of "Super Mod." 

I enjoyed the rush to fault the cheaply disguised welds (I mean that trailer did cost $8,000, I know I saw the receipt and followed it's fuc**ing blinking tail lights all the way from Las Vegas to Moab...) and DV washboard roads...and maybe it's overloaded tongue storage box?  Really...

That downed rig looked like Sean Taylor's/snelltaylor, quite possibly the smartest of the NorCal group headed to AK...hopefully theres room in Chris's "tongue box" for all of his ammo and barley whine so they can sojourn on.

I need to stop...so many sarcastic angles with this thread...just stop...count to 10...stop.  ;)

DUDE LOL......gonna start calling you Snarky McSnarkleboots

FrankB

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2017, 08:58:55 PM »
"I'm a little surprised that this critical detail wasn't covered somewhere in the previous 51 pages of trip planning...maybe the Wine Country Rock Crawlers should have been consulted?"  -GhostX, as posted on thenewx.

Only a little inflammatory, eh?

That said (complete with appropriate Canadian accent), I'm equally a little surprised.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:30 AM »
"I'm a little surprised that this critical detail wasn't covered somewhere in the previous 51 pages of trip planning...maybe the Wine Country Rock Crawlers should have been consulted?"  -GhostX, as posted on thenewx.

Only a little inflammatory, eh?

That said (complete with appropriate Canadian accent), I'm equally a little surprised.

Simply stating the facts sir...just as plainly as correctly identifying "human error."   (well done Rick  ;) )

As I know Chris loves to post pictures of and recall his past accomplishments, and I felt it necessary (and justified, since we all had to suffer the 2.5 hour delay at Teakettle Junction) to really pull back the curtain of who the true heroes of the 2015 DV CHUSA trip were...and was surprised myself that he had not reached out to them via their forum to properly discuss his route and scotchy-scotchness. 

Although, as their moniker implies, their tastes might be a bit more, "refined."

So much forum fodder...so little time.  :D
KD6DCI

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2017, 12:49:00 AM »
Couldn't resist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA View Post

I wish Celt was here.
 Knightrider...... not so much.

Aww, Chrissy I'm glad you have been thinking about me on this "Bucket list" of major trips you have had planned. It makes my heart go pitter patter!

I'm not exactly sure but I bet Knightrider is pretty bent up that you do not wish he was there with you. I'm sure in a few years he may just let out his true feelings about not attending yet another haynes productions and being on the A-List. Anyway, I'm glad everything is working out for you and enjoy your dirt road extravaganza as you are on your way to hero status on this forum!

Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
the Rubicon thread jack needed it's own thread IMO :D

http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4392.0
Jordan - K6XTE

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
the Rubicon thread jack needed it's own thread IMO :D

http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4392.0

Good call, I thought the thread jack thread was getting thread jacked .... 

8)
Isaiah 6:8

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
The discussion was beginning to become way too organized and on track for this thread.
Jordan - K6XTE

FrankB

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »
Well, getting this back on [no] track . . . here is the latest from CHUSA, posted today on NewX, in his exact words:

"Arrived manly hot springs.
Eating dinner.
Hot springs at 630pm local time."

I used the aerial view on the Garmin site to see just where they were, and I could have sworn I heard some banjo music coming from my computer when I zoomed in on the place.  I could be mistaken though.