Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!  (Read 95 times)

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 4
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!
« on: April 05, 2019, 06:21:03 PM »
Hey all,
    Just a thought…… I will be going to Lytle creek for a weekend camp out next weekend (The 12th thru the 14th). I was speaking to the Rangers and they seem to think that the roads are pretty hammered but with a skilled driver and capable vehicle it can be traversed. If you are interested in getting your X a little dirty for the whole weekend or part of it… Let me know, I was given the trail map (well, was told where to download it anyway) and will share it or set up a meet up to get a small convoy going.

Gunslinger
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
Re: Weekend campout in Lytle creek.... Come find me!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:48:25 AM »
Haven't been to Lytle for a while, my open slot is Sat early morning thru 2 pm or so.  Any chance of meeting and where?  Installing my rear Shrock this week and if done can do a short run. Thx!

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 4
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »
Sorry for the late reply...

I will be getting out there Friday morning and will stay put till Sunday morning / afternoon. I intend to stay in Stockton Flats, there is a cluster of sites that have some protection from winds and such. I am attaching the map so you can see what I am talking about. I will also be running a Hand held radio on the SCCX primary Freq (146.535) So you can start calling out once you get to the first 2 sites on 3N06 (Cold and Lone camps). They are before the gate at the river crossing....

A word of warning. I have been told by several Rangers that the roads are pretty beat up. If I can change my camping place / Plan I will leave blaze orange tape streamers to Identify turns.
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

x4dblduty

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 2006 Off Road Granite
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »
Thx for the map and location.  Do you usually come in thru the main road or more north via dirt by Mormon Rocks or Swarthout Cyn? I haven't been there in a very long time, would be great if anyone else is coming out Sat am, we can hook up off the 15 somewhere, then drive in.