Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > Off Topic

New trailer in the near future

(1/4) > >>

Sage Bromax:
Many of you are familiar with the small trailer I have.  See this thread for build details:
http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4211.0

After the recent Desert Rendezvous, although the trailer did great, SWMBO has determined that we are to the point where we need a real trailer with a real bathroom.  So, I have been doing research and have narrowed it down to this:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=519&Image=25133&ModelID=3796#Main

It comes with 235/75R15 with a six-bolt pattern and 14 inches of ground clearance.  If possible, I want to stuff 285/75R16 with an Xterra bolt pattern, giving two more inches of clearance.

Prices I've found at dealers are in the 20k-24k range.

Now, clearly this isn't something I will take with me going up the Swansea trail to Cerro Gordo, but it could go to the vast majority of the places I want to go, then serve as a base camp for exploration.

As far as the little trailer goes, my youngest now has a Pro-4X Frontier, and he wants to put an RTT on top of the trailer and tow it with his truck.

Celt:
I was wondering what you were going to settle on. That looks really nice and should give you some great options.

JFanaselle:
Nice! And with a GVWR of just 3400 lbs, that's a pretty good sized trailer for the weight!

I looked at a Flagstaff "E-Pro" version of this same trailer at my local RV dealer a few months ago (Forest River usually sells the same trailers under a few different names, with subtle differences). They're pretty darn nice. I went there to check out one of Forest River's Rockwood "Extreme Sports" model tent trailers, but they didn't have the model I was looking for. Forest River makes some great stuff.

Sage Bromax:
They make a No Boundaries 10.5 that is like a lot of the teardrop off-road trailers, but under $15k.  It is a cute little rig - sleeping quarters, storage, slide out kitchen, 270 degree bat-wing awning, but no bathroom.

JeffBett:
Tony, I have a similar light weight travel trailer (TT) from another division of Forest River and spent a lot of time looking for the best setup for me.  If you are interested in coming over to check out my setup and I can let you know what I found important I would gladly help out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page