Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Allen Roses flip aka Axle59  (Read 6594 times)

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 0
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
Allen Roses flip aka Axle59
« on: August 17, 2018, 12:11:24 PM »
Hello all i know a lot of the newer member dont know who me or my father are but a lot of the older people will. My madre was going threw some floppy disks, yes we still have floppy disks i even have a vhs tape labeled gather of xterras in ouray, colorado. Well she stumbled upon these beautiful pictures i would like to share.

http://gallery.sccxterra.com/displayimage.php?pid=334

Should be able to see them here if not let me know and i will try fix the post.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Allen Roses flip aka Axle59
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
Pretty crazy stuff. Do you know if this was up on 2N02 (Burns Canyon)? Also, is that the side mirror smashed all the way into the ground? :O

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »
Im not to sure what trail it was and yes the mirror was smashed into the ground and the red mark next to it is the paint from the x

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »
So if I had to garner anything, nothing has changed with SCCX always the shenanigans! Great pictures thanks for posting them.
Isaiah 6:8

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »
Not problem man these are from way back 02 or 03 so near beginning of sccx

FrankB

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:08:52 PM »
Thanks for posting those.  I remember that there used to be a thread about this, either on the earlier version of the SCCX site or on XOC, back when I started looking at this stuff in 2005.  Between the various website crashes all that got lost.

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »
Not a problem frank ill keep looking for more photos and im sure many good photos have just been lost to time but it happens. Only thing to do is stuble across some old floppy disks i guess lol.

FrankB

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
So if I had to garner anything, nothing has changed with SCCX always the shenanigans! Great pictures thanks for posting them.

There used to be all sorts of things going on around here.

It really is too bad that the site crashes wiped out a lot of history.  You can still piece a fair amount of it together by looking at the SCCX sub-forum over on what's left of XOC (www.xterraownersclub.com).  Even before I got here, the runs were generally cross-posted to XOC in case the SCCX site went down right before a run (which was common).  Some of it is hard to follow because that site too had a catastrophic crash a while back, and many of the user names now just read as "Anonymous".  Also, thanks to Photobucket and a few other things, many of the photo links are broken.  Still, you can get an idea of the activity level.  There was a run pretty much every month at least, generally on the second Saturday in order to make it easier for people to plan.  For a while, when Brian (toolbox) was leading, the runs were numbered - I can see that April of 2004 was #53.  I'm sure there were some that were not numbered too.  It wasn't all San Diego either.  Brian was from LA, so runs were done in areas from north of LA to all the way down here.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
There used to be all sorts of things going on around here.

It really is too bad that the site crashes wiped out a lot of history.  You can still piece a fair amount of it together by looking at the SCCX sub-forum over on what's left of XOC (www.xterraownersclub.com).  Even before I got here, the runs were generally cross-posted to XOC in case the SCCX site went down right before a run (which was common).  Some of it is hard to follow because that site too had a catastrophic crash a while back, and many of the user names now just read as "Anonymous".  Also, thanks to Photobucket and a few other things, many of the photo links are broken.  Still, you can get an idea of the activity level.  There was a run pretty much every month at least, generally on the second Saturday in order to make it easier for people to plan.  For a while, when Brian (toolbox) was leading, the runs were numbered - I can see that April of 2004 was #53.  I'm sure there were some that were not numbered too.  It wasn't all San Diego either.  Brian was from LA, so runs were done in areas from north of LA to all the way down here.

I'm thinking besides BOD, Frank B needs to be the official SCCX historian. Great info and inside scoop with where this site was and how it developed. I always really like your input and humor along the way Frank.
Isaiah 6:8

Axle Jr

• Old-Schooler
    • 01 Nissan Xterra SE
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 11:26:22 PM »
Yes differently frank has helped uncover some history i thought was lost forever but he managed to find it. Definitely cant thank you enough frank i owe you big whenever im able to make it down to cali.