Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Forum > SCCX Xcursion Pictures

Death Valley Xterra Overland Adventure - A Final Send-Off...

(1/6) > >>

Snoopy:
I haven't been on the message board much in the last few years but wanted to provide an update...

Early last year we sold our beloved Xterra named "Snoopy". There were two main reasons for moving on:
1) Snoop had over 300,000 well-loved miles. With so many miles I was losing confidence that he would be able to make extended trips without break-downs.
2) We moved to Europe. With gas prices being well over $6.30 a gallon, it didn't make sense to have a rig that only gets 14 MPG. I also wanted to blend into the community - Nothing screams American in Europe more than a lifted SUV with steel bumpers and a roof-top tent.

Sadly, it was time to end our Xterra owner streak of more than 16 years...

But not without a proper send-off. We did a four-day trip through Trona Pinnacles, Death Valley, Eureka Dunes, and Alabama Hills and brought along a DJI Mavic drone, a GoPro, and our iPhone 6 to made the following video of the trip:

It's been a great ride and a great community of like-minded enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Travis and Chantil Gill
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
2005 Nissan Xterra Offroad

FrankB:
That was quick Travis.  Thanks.

For anyone who has not seen this, it is a great video. 

The Iceland video is great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the others, and more as they show up.

RBduffer:
Wow, a small drone and a big imagination make a great video.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy Europe (on a moped? ::))

Snoopy:

--- Quote from: RBduffer on January 22, 2018, 10:22:37 AM ---...enjoy Europe (on a moped? ::))
--- End quote ---

It's worse than a moped - a VW Golf  :(

Snoopy:

--- Quote from: FrankB on January 21, 2018, 07:05:16 PM ---...It is a great video. 

The Iceland video is great too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the others, and more as they show up.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Frank for the kind comment. We'll be exploring Europe via adventure motorcycles for the immediate future. Perhaps other Xterras will be in our future?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page