Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Gettin' Squirrely  (Read 7347 times)

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
Re: Gettin' Squirrely
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »
We got nothing compared to the East coast.  And only about half as much as northern Cal.  Mostly varmints: squirrel, rabbit and coyote.  For game we have some Mule Deer and less Fox and Bobcat.  We have some game birds, but I don't know much about that.  No pigs, the government kills them for us.   The Mountain  Lion is protected in this state.  Lead ammo is banned in most areas so check the regs.  When your ready to go stomping around, let me know.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
lead ammo is banned for all hunting in CA FYI.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
"According to the department’s website, the state limited the use of lead projectiles in 2008 and then state lawmakers passed a law in October 2013 to eliminate the use of lead ammo for hunting anywhere in the state by July 1, 2019. The three-part plan was determined to be the least disruptive for hunters."

Right now, you can't use lead in Condor areas, any bird hunting or big horn sheep and some other crap..  The final phase of the ban will go into effect in 2019 when lead will be banned for all hunting.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO