Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: CANVAZ V Pre Plan Thread - See New Topic Stickie  (Read 50638 times)

JCX

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2012 Super Black S
Re: Offical CANVAZ V thread
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. Please sign me up for Sat. RC run. At this point, I am pretty sure I can make it. BTW - No side steps and mud flaps were removed the day after I got the X home. Hope to meet all of you too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:43:07 PM by JCX »

jvr

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
I got a pretty much a stock xterra  I only have 2 inch lift kit and skit plates from a off road model  And 265/70/17 open country tires what kind of trail do you guys recommend me I believe I sign up for the  blue trail but I don't know if I can make it on my xterra  I don't have a CB radio

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
You will be fine in blue that I lead Sunday. We will spot you if needed.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »
If anyone is still updating the lists - I'm going to switch from the blue trail to the green trail for Saturday the 10th, due to my cousin not wanting to run a blue just before leaving town for a big trip. So myself in the X and my cousin in his F-150 will be running RBDuffer's Rattlesnake Canyon trip on the 10th, and the blue trail will need a new tail gunner for that day (looks like a lot of people are signed up for that run, so hopefully that's not an issue).

RBDuffer - is there a meet place and time yet for the Saturday Rattlesnake Canyon run? Also, what is your planned loop (just curious)? Are you thinking Hwy 18/247 from Big Bear down into Johnson Valley and then run Rattlesnake Canyon to 2N02 back up to Baldwin Lake?

Still not sure what I'm going to do for Sunday the 11th. My wife and I need to get back down the hill in the early afternoon to pick up our son, so I'm out for Gold Mountain due to time. Might just be Saturday for us as far as trail runs.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:31:12 AM by JFanaselle »

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
If anyone is still updating the lists - I'm going to switch from the blue trail to the green trail for Saturday the 10th, due to my cousin not wanting to run a blue just before leaving town for a big trip. So myself in the X and my cousin in his F-150 will be running RBDuffer's Rattlesnake Canyon trip on the 10th, and the blue trail will need a new tail gunner for that day (looks like a lot of people are signed up for that run, so hopefully that's not an issue).

Still not sure what I'm going to do for Sunday the 11th. My wife and I need to get back down the hill in the early afternoon to pick up our son, so I'm out for Gold Mountain due to time. Might just be Saturday for us as far as trail runs.

John Bull is open for Sunday the 11th.... Just sayin
Isaiah 6:8

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
What time do you have to be down the Mtn?

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
I'd need to be back down in the Riverside area by 2:00 PM. By the time I break camp in the morning, I'll have 2.5-3 hours to run a trail and get on the main highway. Like I said, I'm leaning toward doing my own thing Sunday, maybe even just hanging around town with my wife. We don't get up to Big Bear often anyway.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »

RBDuffer - is there a meet place and time yet for the Saturday Rattlesnake Canyon run? Also, what is your planned loop (just curious)? Are you thinking Hwy 18/247 from Big Bear down into Johnson Valley and then run Rattlesnake Canyon to 2N02 back up to Baldwin Lake?

Hey Joe, glad to have you guys.  And yes, the 18 to 247 to RSC to 2n02 loop.  My guess is the discovery center would be a good meet up spot at 10 or ?, so we can enjoy a good camp breakfast or for the folks that are driving up that morning.  I am always open to good ideas though.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
Vons Shopping Center, Big Bear Lake
42170 Big Bear Blvd
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

This has been a popular meet up place for the Xcursions I've been on in Big Bear....big parking lot, amenities close by (Starbucks, Vons, even gas close)....

Just my .02

Celt

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
I'll being doing the black trails on both days.  I got me some skid plates and I want to beat them up. >:D

You joining us on the JB the 11th? Only reason I ask is because the lists have become a little disjointed and I need to figure out who is going so I'm not herding cats the morning of the run. Please PM me your cell beforehand.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:34:33 PM by Celt »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
Vons Shopping Center, Big Bear Lake
42170 Big Bear Blvd
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

This has been a popular meet up place for the Xcursions I've been on in Big Bear....big parking lot, amenities close by (Starbucks, Vons, even gas close)....

Just my .02

You know what?, maybe we should all just meet here, campers and day-trailers, just so nobody gets left behind.  Or for last minute info or changes.
Please pipe up with any comments or other suggestions gang.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
You know what?, maybe we should all just meet here, campers and day-trailers, just so nobody gets left behind.  Or for last minute info or changes.
Please pipe up with any comments or other suggestions gang.

That's a great meeting spot for folks that need last minute ice etc. The only thing I would offer up is since it appears the majority is staying at Hanna Flat campground it's a longer drive to go across the lake and into town then turn right around to go back north to the trails. At least for the trail I'm leading, I requested folks meet me at the Fawnskin Visitors Center/Ranger Station so we can get on the trail a little quicker.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »
That's a great meeting spot for folks that need last minute ice etc. The only thing I would offer up is since it appears the majority is staying at Hanna Flat campground it's a longer drive to go across the lake and into town then turn right around to go back north to the trails. At least for the trail I'm leading, I requested folks meet me at the Fawnskin Visitors Center/Ranger Station so we can get on the trail a little quicker.

yeah, I can definitely see that being a small issue, but it was more offered up as a general meet-up place....plus, there has been some shenanigans going on in that parking lot prior to runs....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:41:14 PM by xxSVxx »

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re:
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »
I'm open to either day.  In the past everybody met at Vons then left from there.  It gave us a chance to meet everybody and load up supplies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »
yeah, I can definitely see that being a small issue, but it was more offered up as a general meet-up place....plus, there has been some shenanigans going on in that parking lot prior to runs....

I always like Shenanigans............