Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: The "NEW" New X  (Read 9111 times)

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
The "NEW" New X
« on: July 25, 2019, 08:07:05 AM »
Had to actually laugh out loud when I found out the Elite Rumpus Room, that many knew existed, was exposed for awhile on The New X.  Wish it was still available or that someone captured it all.  Those child brained idiots need to be exposed for what they really are.  Granted many people may talk smack about other people but many of them were the moderators and long time Xterra people that had the responsibility to foster and guide the community instead they use it for they childish games, I guess it makes them feel more superior???   I have been known to go along with smack talk about CH even though I have never met or dealt with him, I had just heard so many first hand crazy stories about him including knowing about his posts in the Rumpus room that it was hard not to make sure others know what kind of a person he really is which was the intent of the smack talk about him in the first place.

I have gotten SO MUCH knowledge from that forum and this one, along with friendships, It's just a shame that one more thing has to be tainted.  I am happy to know many of the primary people on this forum and am grateful to know that kind of pea brain activity is not happening.   If you, like me, is not a super long time member or a total expert on Xterras, you can be confident that there is NOT a group making fun of you because they think your post was silly.

Sorry, I guess that turn a little long winded, I guess I just need to let off some steam.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:36:26 AM by JeffBett »

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: The "NEW" New X
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:25:15 AM »
Amen  >:D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 10:01:04 AM »
Had to actually laugh out loud when I found out the Elite Rumpus Room, that many knew existed, was exposed for awhile on The New X.  Wish it was still available or that someone captured it all.  Those child brained idiots need to be exposed for what they really are.  Granted many people may talk smack about other people but many of them were the moderators and long time Xterra people that had the responsibility to foster and guide the community instead they use it for they childish games, I guess it makes them feel more superior?????   I have been known to go along with smack talk about CH even though I have never met or dealt with him, I had just heard so many first hand crazy stories about him including knowing about his posts in the Rumpus room that it was hard not to make sure others know what kind of a person he really is which was the intent of the smack talk about him in the first place.

I have gotten SO MUCH knowledge from that forum and this one, along with friendships, It's just a shame that one more thing has to be tainted.  I am happy to know many of the primary people on this forum and am grateful to know that kind of pea brain activity is not happening.   If you, like me, is not a super long time member or a total expert on Xterras, you can be confident that there is NOT a group making fun of you because they think your post was silly.

Sorry, I guess that turn a little long winded, I guess I just need to let off some steam.

Yeah, it was a real place where Chris Haynes, Robert Bils, Bill Landgraf, and Senlin Garver all had lots of latitude to play and discriminate.

Too bad it isn't visible anymore...true colors of that forum should be out there for all  to see.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
Damn.... I missed it!!!!!!! Anyone care to share some of the more juicy details?!?  8)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 02:11:01 PM »
Damn.... I missed it!!!!!!! Anyone care to share some of the more juicy details?!?  8)

Something must have been cooking for sure. Those guys are what they are and I'm very thankful we do not have to deal with them down this way. It would be cancerous to what we have going here with this group.
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »
There are one or two threads about it that are still live on TNX, so I managed to get caught up. I am still just really bummed that I missed the opportunity to get in there and read through the good stuff!

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
There are one or two threads about it that are still live on TNX, so I managed to get caught up. I am still just really bummed that I missed the opportunity to get in there and read through the good stuff!

Links?

Edit:  found it.

https://www.thenewx.org/threads/dotm-entry.276778/page-2

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:33:06 PM by Ghost65 »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
John, did i ever win DOTM?

I'm pretty sure that's where my ban came from...
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

That or for reporting posts by bils to bils... hehehehehehe. That being said, I bet I have you beat several months in a row.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »

Not during my time in the ERR...although my membership was "cancelled" in late 2017.  So after that...who knows???
KD6DCI

FrankB

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 11:16:39 PM »
I guess I missed all of that.

Years ago TNX was a pretty good website.  Lots of useful information, and lots of helpful people.  I've been on there since early 2006, and can see a change in the last several years.  Maybe that's why I don't go there as much any more.

AdventureRider81

• 4wd Pts: 4
    • 2011 Nissan Xterra P4X / 2015 BMW R1200GS
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 04:23:12 PM »
Drama like the DOTM stuff I feel eventually flys over and gets forgotten.

I feel what will kill TNX is the fact the new format wont let anyone edit old posts. So now threads like the "How too's", build threads, armor option threads, things of that nature will eventually be obsolete. The PNs, steps, links, and such can not be updated. Feel like that will ultimately decide the TNX faith.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11' P4X / 15' GS  StormTrooper Editions

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »
I tried to edit the main post in my build thread over there, and couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought i was just doing something wrong... had no idea it was an issue with the new format. Yeah, that's kind of a game changer.

Celt

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 09:28:56 AM »
So I wonder if bills can still alter posts like he was doing to mine? That site might have some good info for builds but the "Elites" over there are not the type I would keep company with.

AdventureRider81

• 4wd Pts: 4
    • 2011 Nissan Xterra P4X / 2015 BMW R1200GS
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »
I tried to edit the main post in my build thread over there, and couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought i was just doing something wrong... had no idea it was an issue with the new format. Yeah, that's kind of a game changer.
You can no longer edit old posts. The corporation that took it over will get more views and such by having more new threads made apposed to editing old ones. It's a marketing trick to help the corporation make more ad money. I wouldn't care about any of it if they would just let us edit the old posts to keep then accurate and still easy to look up without creating new posts. It waste to mich time.

XterraNation has pretty much the same how too's, specs, knowledge, community, and build threads. It is not corporately owned either. That will be my main source now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11' P4X / 15' GS  StormTrooper Editions