Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New Gallery  (Read 4330 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
New Gallery
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:21:34 AM »
As promised, I am trying out a new gallery for the members here to host pictures.

To get to the new gallery, just click on Gallery on the menu bar under the SCCX banner at the top left of the page and it will take you to the gallery.

Login is tied to the forum so you shouldn't need to do anything, it should show "Logout [ Your Username]", if it doesn't click on login and it should bring you back to the forum where you can click on Gallery again and it should be logged in then.

Creating A New Album
To start uploading pictures you first need to create an album, if you hover the mouse over "My Profile", a menu will pop up, click on the first option which is "Create / order my albums."

Click on the "New Album" button and name your new album and click "OK." 

Creating Private Albums
New albums default to public, if you would like to set the album to private, hover your mouse over the album name you would like to make private and click on the red "Edit" to the right of the album name.  You will see the album name populate the text field.  Click on "Album properties" to the left of the text field.  Near the bottom under "Permissions for this album" you will use the drop down for "Album can be viewed by" from "Everybody (public album)" to "Only Me".   If you would like to set a password for the album you can do that as well by checking the box next to "Password protect this album" and creating a password. 

Uploading Photos
Click on "Upload file" on the menu near the top of the page.
Select the album you would like to upload the file to.  Your personal gallery albums as well as public SCCX Xcursion albums will show in the list.
Click Browse and select the files you would like uploaded.
By default the gallery tries to use the flash based uploader for multiple images at once.  If you get an error about flash not being available, you can select the "Simple" uploader in the upper right drop down menu.  This only allows for one image at a time.
After the image uploads you will be brought to a preview screen where you can crop and rotate any images and edit titles and such.
BBCode is also automagically generated for attaching images to the forum.  There are 3 sizes and they are all clickable to be viewed full size.

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions so feel free to ask.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: New Gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
Picture from private gallery
http://gallery.sccxterra.com/albums/userpics/10211/20160409_135005.jpg
New Gallery
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:28:12 AM by knightrider »
Jordan - K6XTE

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »
Very cool Jordan...I'll upload some SCCX trip/travel/mod day photos here and title the albums as such.

Frank B., maybe you have some cool history shots to add as well?
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »
Sir Jordan,
I uploaded to our 'Coppermine' just fine, but I can't get my pics to show up in my reply posts. 
You lost me after 'BBcode'.  What is the next step?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:13:21 PM by RBduffer »
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

knightrider

• Administrator
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
when viewing the picture you would like to post, scroll down below the film strip.  there will be information about the picture, the last 3 lines are BBCode, copy and paste that into your posts the picture will show up, there are 3 sizes available: thumb, normal, and fullsize
Jordan - K6XTE

CraigBos

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2014 Xterra Pro-4X
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:45:25 PM »
when viewing the picture you would like to post, scroll down below the film strip.  there will be information about the picture, the last 3 lines are BBCode, copy and paste that into your posts the picture will show up, there are 3 sizes available: thumb, normal, and fullsize

Doghouse Junction!  Great pic, Mrs. Duffer!
K6BOS - Craig

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 11:14:49 PM »
Thank you Jordan :-*
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO