Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: what's going on?  (Read 9742 times)

slantyshanty

• 4wd Pts: 3
what's going on?
« on: May 19, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
well, officially we are still living at motel 6 but have found a house and made an offer. now we wait, so what i wanted to know was if there were going to be any meet and greets or Xcursions going on or int the works for the next month or two? it won't be long and the summer heat will be upon us and even worse... i will have to check into my new unit (marine corps base 29 palms) and i will have to work. boooo :(

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
Re: what's going on?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
Welcome in.  There will be stuff coming up; just keep checking.  The desert stuff tapers off a bit as it gets hotter, but there's always something going on.  Gives you time to square your gear away!

Keep an eye out for one of Mitch's famous 100+degree mod days.  Bring otter pops.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

boats

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
Welcome Slanty. i am in MCB 29 palms to. Yes heat is coming and it's coming fast.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
Welcome in.  There will be stuff coming up; just keep checking.  The desert stuff tapers off a bit as it gets hotter, but there's always something going on.  Gives you time to square your gear away!

Keep an eye out for one of Mitch's famous 100+degree mod days.  Bring otter pops.

The last one was the best.  I got to watch Bobby spend 2 hours talking himself into cutting a hole into his fender and we put the first ever 2nd Gen snorkle on Frank's rig. ;D

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t91/mitch1351/Xterra/mod035.jpg
what's going on?

Pay no attention to the picture in the background.  It's not really there.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t91/mitch1351/Xterra/mod006.jpg
what's going on?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:49:43 PM by mitch1351 »
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

slantyshanty

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
well the offer was accepted, now we wait for everyone to make their money. why does buying a home have to be so hard? when you buy a doughnut you see it costs 50 cent and you pay 50 cent... you do not need to bring pen and ppaper into it. so a house costs 250k? find a lender that will give you 250k and give it to the seller... why must it take 45+ days? well whatever, hopefully everything will go well and i will own my own 4.7 acre rock crawling course... i mean first home within a week? :)

hey boats, what unit are you with? i have been out here 4 times already... twice for school and twice for cax, 'er mojave viper it is now. i have been at lejeune for a little over 7 years though i just spent the last 14 months in iraq (guess ya know how that goes) for 6 of those 7 years i was the only one for miles that had anything more than after market tires on their rigs. then, weeks before i left i see 2 bl'd x's on base? must have liked the way mine looked lol. in fact, now that i think about it, i have never seen another local club or xoc sticker? ever! good to know there is at least one not only close by but on the same base!

look forward to meeting any and all of you.

boats

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »
Slanty I am a Corpsman currently at the hospital. I will PCS to 3rd CEB in July. I was in Lejeune for six years. I got here in 2005. Been out with the group a few times when I had my black X but while I was training it got stolen from my dads house in LA. I want to break my new X in but have not been able to. Looking forward to meeting you. I do know how deployments work but hey some one has to do them right lol. PM me if you need anything.

Doug