Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Off-Road Expo March 20-22, 2009  (Read 11957 times)

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
Off-Road Expo March 20-22, 2009
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
New Off-road expo event at the Pomona Fairplex March 20-22, 2009.  Anyone else going?

Has anyone else thought about a "club Xterra representing" for the expo possibly for the fall?  We can contact the other local clubs in NorCal, Nevada, and Arizona, buy a vendor spot on the outside of the Exhibition halls and divide the cost among all those who wish to display their Xterras there.  I think if we put several Xterras on display, we can get the attention of the off-road industry so they can see we're a serious group and make more after-marktet parts avail. for us.  We can group the X's by 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations.  How much can it cost for a spot there?  Any thoughts?

2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
Re: Off-Road Expo March 20-22, 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
interesting to say the least. I dont know what the bylaws say about this though...

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
Look, I don't come to this forum to "observe by-laws".  I could give a rats ass for them.  I own an Xterra and my personal quest is to make it better, stronger and more dependable.  My background happens to be in import racing.  No one knows how much I personally contributed to bettering the market for the Nissan 240SX, importing parts from Japan, going to SoCal race events, attending car shows, industry shows, club scenes.  I started when everyone was into hondas, no support or parts available for my rice burner.  And now, you see 240SX's everywhere and parts are now overabundant.  I come to this forum to better my Xterra and help others as they have helped me.  I'm simply asking what other people think about featuring our/any Xterra's in an outdoor spot at an offroad show.  Can you imagine the amount of attention it can generate for our market?  Try to be a bit more broad minded and save those comments about by-laws for someone else who care for them...
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »
No offense dude, but your attitude sucks.  Chris just asked a question.

Nice to know you don't give a shit about a part of this club/site that people have worked on for the past nine years. 
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
I enjoyed meeting you and your family on the Rattlesnake Canyon run and I am a little surprised by your response to Fleury's post.  He doesn't deserve it.  And if you truely "could give a rat's ass" for how we do things on this forum and in this club then perhaps this is not the place for you.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 07:38:16 AM »
Hey, I'm sorry guys.  I'm the one who felt a bit offended by his comment on what I hoped would be a different response.  But I guess I could be wrong, so in light of this, Fleury123, I apologize to you and to anyone who took offense.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 06:55:29 PM »
Mellowness mellowness peeps.  :-\
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

fleury123

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
Look, I don't come to this forum to "observe by-laws".  I could give a rats ass for them.  I own an Xterra and my personal quest is to make it better, stronger and more dependable.  My background happens to be in import racing.  No one knows how much I personally contributed to bettering the market for the Nissan 240SX, importing parts from Japan, going to SoCal race events, attending car shows, industry shows, club scenes.  I started when everyone was into Honda's, no support or parts available for my rice burner.  And now, you see 240SX's everywhere and parts are now overabundant.  I come to this forum to better my Xterra and help others as they have helped me.  I'm simply asking what other people think about featuring our/any Xterra's in an outdoor spot at an offroad show.  Can you imagine the amount of attention it can generate for our market?  Try to be a bit more broad minded and save those comments about by-laws for someone else who care for them...

I dont think you can make a nissan more dependable. I have owned nissans with over 450K and still going strong. I hope to do the same with my X. 

you know man I didn't notice as I work all the damm time. This is why I seem to be logged in all time. I am all for gaining exposure but what I don't know is as a "club" can we be represented there. As individuals sure . I also believe in the one man cant move a mountain but several can working together.  The ones you pissed off were the board of directors. This is a grassroots club and allot of time and effort has gone into it. Right now this site is sponsored by a members though his own personal site.  Thats all man. His own money for the club. Just a thought thought. We also have some rules about exposure and how we represent the club as a whole. The club is free for everyone who wants to be a member. just like AA , but in this case a hat is not passed. Mostly a wrench or a water.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:39:16 AM by fleury123 »

fleury123

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »
so is anyone willing to attend this event to gain exposure. I dont know much about this stuff, but perhaps would go. Might be cool to see some of the toys. I hear they have a rock course at this event that people test thier trucks on. I wont since a long drive prevents breakage.

sturndog

• 4wd Pts: 9
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »
What I like about this club is its members passions. Obvious to me you both care about this club. BTW ;D My girl got stuck in traffic recently and no one helped her -a few flipped her off until I arrived . I know that everyone on this board are the people who cross the street,grab the hose and make the phone call. I just wish you all lived a little closer.  ::)

SuperSlideStyle

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
Hey, sorry to hear that.  I personally stop and help others if I'm not in a hurry to be somewhere.  You know, karma.  And if the girl is hot, I'll stop the entire freeway!  hahaha ;D
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

chad

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 12:03:17 PM »
I might be going on saturday
Hey don't get me wrong or anything, I have been in the outdoors but... is it always this dusty????