Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: US FOREST OFFICIALS PROPOSAL -NEWSPAPER ARTICLE  (Read 3088 times)

Pro4X-Gremlin

• 4wd Pts: 11
US FOREST OFFICIALS PROPOSAL -NEWSPAPER ARTICLE
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
I read the article this morning in our local paper. Some of you may have already seen this.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20130322-region-forest-plan-could-increase-wilderness-areas.ece

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: US FOREST OFFICIALS PROPOSAL -NEWSPAPER ARTICLE
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
A very interesting read Michelle...thanks for posting.  Looks like your involvement in the AAT Program has raised your awareness!  Which is great!

I can't make the March 28th meeting, but would encourage others to check it out.  Looks like it would possibly affect an additional 9,000 acres of the SBNF, with the biggest proposed impact in the Los Padres National Forest - 300,000 acres!!

I was especially tuned to the IMBA statement, that mentions they are mainly concerned with their access.  Way to silo the efforts!!  Think of everything that could be accomplished if we joined wheeled forces!!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.