Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Indian Cave Painting in So Cal  (Read 12276 times)

onewaysoldier

• 4wd Pts: 3
    • 2001 XE - SAS'd
Re: Indian Cave Painting in So Cal
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 09:55:30 PM »
This site may give you some ideas.  http://www.kumeyaay.info/museums/sandiegomuseums.html

1)  First show her your sensitive side with a trip to the museum:  The Barona Cultural Center and Museum is dedicated to preserving the Native American culture and history of San Diego County.

2)  Then go for a nice little hike:  Canyoneers Nature Walks (Lake Hodges), hike through a variety of terrains, past a waterfall, and learn about Indian uses for plants in this area rich in Kumeyaay history.

3)  And if you do decide to make her your g/f, this will be the clincher.  Shopping! 
KUMEYAAY Indian store SHUMUP KO HUP (in Old Town San Diego State Park):  The Indigenous California Indian source to buy authentic fine California Indian Baskets Basketry by the Kumeyaay Indigenous peoples of Southern California. 

I like the way you think...  I think I'll use your idea for another Saturday trip.  I think she'd be cool w/ more than one trip.
I'm trying to figure out something witty.

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »
Get to know her first.  If things go well and a road trip is in order, go here:

http://www.climb-utah.com/Moab/mill.htm

Very cool suggestion.  It might be a few months before before we pull a road-trip.  Maybe late summer if things work out.

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »
You could always try the real old fashion way and club her over the head, drag her off to your cave and make her your woman
But he said it was stock friendly!!

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
Well, my options are to either chase her down and club her over the head (as 4x4forfun said) or let her go.  She don't want a relationship and now wants a whole lot of space...

Well, at least its early on Friday night. 

Looks like its going to the be the guys and I going camping out in Anza and checking out the cave paintings.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37:03 AM »
"Just so you know, Dan is a totally different person when you're alone with him and John out in the middle of the Nevada desert huddled in the back of your X under a sleeping bag clutching a Surefire and a Sig and wearing an aluminum foil beany." - Soylent Yellow (shortly after his return from the aforementioned trip, and before he had to change his screen name).

I believe that those sort of memories are burned into your brain (and now the internet) for all eternity.

Tinfoil hats are mandatory when your in the Nevada desert--I thought everyone knew that!