Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 2015 American Adventurist SoCal Mountain Rendezvous Meal Plan  (Read 3980 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
2015 American Adventurist SoCal Mountain Rendezvous Meal Plan
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:05:52 PM »
So since there will be alot of us going to MRV, i figured we could do a potluck deal with meals, looking at the schedule it looks like saturday breakfast and dinner are planned with the mojo pancakes and dutch oven competition but we have other meals such as friday dinner, saturday lunch, and sunday breakfast we could plan.  i know there will be hikes and bikes so breakfast and dinner are probably the big meals with lunch being on the go type stuff.  any takers?
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
Re: 2015 American Adventurist SoCal Mountain Rendezvous Meal Plan
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Definitely.

I'll edit this when I'm home from work. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
In

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »
I'll defer to Steve and Jordan on this question...during the Mojoe Pancakes and dutch oven competitions, is the notion that those events feed the masses, or is it more of a tasting?
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Motorpig77

• 4wd Pts: 31
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Im in, just let me know what we're doing!

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »
steve will be the better judge since hes been to multiple AA events but i believe the dutch oven competition depends on how many people are going to be competing, and also where you are in the line for food. most of the good stuff goes quick, so if your in the back, you get the scraps, it would probably be a good idea to have a main dish for that night, as most of the dutch ovens are sides IMO. 
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
So this year is a little weird.  Because of the extremely high fire danger, we aren't even going to have coals to cook with for the dutch oven competition.

People will still be participating in a cook off of sorts, but it's not going to be the normal buffet style.  Purely speculating here, I think the turn out is going to be lower than normal.  Be prepared to have your own food for Saturday night.  Worst case, you end up with a little more food. 

The AAV peeps are a pretty resilient bunch, they'll figure it out. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

richard310

• 4wd Pts: 10
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
From the past few AAV events that I've attended, there's typically been enough food to feed the masses even with taste testing portions, but that depends on the turnout and who submits to the contest. Like Steve mentioned below, in regards to the fire danger, it's going to be slightly different. I'd at least bring a meal for that night anyways.

I'll be staying Friday night through Saturday evening and then heading off to my gf's friends campsite somewhere in BB; trying to play nice with both parties. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.
- Richard

2004 Xterra XE 4x4
Build Thread