Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: goneMOAB 2012!!!!  (Read 15996 times)

11Pro4X

Re: goneMOAB 2012!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »
SCCX Members...we may have an extra bed (twin) available in our condo for GoneMoab.

You = chill individual, non-smoker, no pets.

AZXC = the best crew you will wheel/libate/barbecue with EVER!  ;D

Bonus points and a 10% discount if you look good in a skirt and have Swedish ancestry.  ;)

$250 for the week. 

PM me to qualify...

Fixed it for ya!   ;D

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:57 AM »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Alpine Spirit

• 4wd Pts: 2
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 06:53:31 AM »
Kev
Locked, Swapped & Chopped

Alpine Spirit

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »
March News Letter - Meet the Trail Leaders this month.

http://gonemoab.com/2012/03/09/march-2012-newsletter/

Check out ours sponsors at the bottom of our newsletter
Kev

panathrasher

• 4wd Pts: 13
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
Holy crap, I did it. I will see you all out there. Any advice for a first time MOAB runner?
2011 Xterra PRO4X..... KJ6SRM

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Holy crap, I did it. I will see you all out there. Any advice for a first time MOAB runner?

Hydrate :)
~Shi

panathrasher

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Any vehicle requirements? I have a Xterra PRO4X so the 4 wheel drive and rear locker stuff is covered. Any warning flags or stuff like that?

Alpine Spirit

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
Last few days to order extra shirts or have a shirt shipped to you!!!
http://gonemoabswag2012.eventbrite.com/

Also the last few days for regular registration!!!
http://gonemoab2012.eventbrite.com/

If you have questions post on the forums... I just dont have time to check 30 plus forums for responses.
http://www.gonemoab.com/forum/forum.php
Kev

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »
Any vehicle requirements? I have a Xterra PRO4X so the 4 wheel drive and rear locker stuff is covered. Any warning flags or stuff like that?

Chris...which trails did you sign up for??

You will be fine for any green or blue trails.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
KD6DCI

panathrasher

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »
Chris...which trails did you sign up for??

You will be fine for any green or blue trails.

Everything I signed up for was coded green or blue so I guess I will be safe, I attached my reservation schedule for goneMOAB below. Thanks for the info.

Christopher, CA
CB/Internet Nickname: Panathrasher
 MONDAY : Secret Spire
 TUESDAY : Seven Mile Rim
 WEDNESDAY : Seven Mile Rim
 THURSDAY : Metal Masher
 FRIDAY : Fins N Things

npgtech

• 4wd Pts: 25
    • 2010 Xterra / 2015 Frontier
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
Well lucky for you my wife and I will be leading Seven Mile on Tuesday, and tail gunning for Fins'n'Things on Friday (one of my favorites, definitely fun).

In all seriousness though, make sure you don't have step rails on as well as take off the mud flaps if you have them.  Depending on your wheeling experience, it will definitely help out which lines you take through the obstacles.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to learn your trucks limits, learn to gauge where your front/rear bumper are from the driver's seat without actually seeing them, be comfortable with your turning radius, as well as going in reverse.  Try to remember what you just rolled over just in case you have to go over it backwards to get a better line through the obstacles.

Something that really helped me out was to look under my truck and learn where the important/uncovered spots are.  You ARE going to scrap something under you rig (don't let this freak you out, it's the nature of our beasts).  There is a difference in sound from scrapping your body (expensive to fix), frame (no worries over time you'll scrap your frame on all sorts of stuff), lower shock mounts on the rear axle (can be expensive if you bend the heck out of it), leaf spring mounts also on the rear axle, lower control arms (no real danger of scraping that, depending how hard of a hit on it, might need an alignment), and the next most scrapped item, the front cross member (be careful of that one, it's close to your oil pan).  Try to be mindful of the sounds your rig makes and the way the scrapes sound.  The first time I went wheeling I freaked out at every scrap I made.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »
Nice post Nick, and well said.

He is right Chris, you are LUCKY to have Nick and Shi leading the Tuesday run.  They will make it fun for everyone, and the views on this trail are epic. 

Plus, some of the more modified trucks are on this run and will probably run Wipe Out Hill towards the end (this is optional) of the trail, and an impressive display of driving skill for sure.
KD6DCI

npgtech

• 4wd Pts: 25
    • 2010 Xterra / 2015 Frontier
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »
I'm definitely going to run Wipe Out hill this year.  I was intimidated last year, but this I'm going for it.

panathrasher

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
Well lucky for you my wife and I will be leading Seven Mile on Tuesday, and tail gunning for Fins'n'Things on Friday (one of my favorites, definitely fun).

In all seriousness though, make sure you don't have step rails on as well as take off the mud flaps if you have them.  Depending on your wheeling experience, it will definitely help out which lines you take through the obstacles.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to learn your trucks limits, learn to gauge where your front/rear bumper are from the driver's seat without actually seeing them, be comfortable with your turning radius, as well as going in reverse.  Try to remember what you just rolled over just in case you have to go over it backwards to get a better line through the obstacles.

Something that really helped me out was to look under my truck and learn where the important/uncovered spots are.  You ARE going to scrap something under you rig (don't let this freak you out, it's the nature of our beasts).  There is a difference in sound from scrapping your body (expensive to fix), frame (no worries over time you'll scrap your frame on all sorts of stuff), lower shock mounts on the rear axle (can be expensive if you bend the heck out of it), leaf spring mounts also on the rear axle, lower control arms (no real danger of scraping that, depending how hard of a hit on it, might need an alignment), and the next most scrapped item, the front cross member (be careful of that one, it's close to your oil pan).  Try to be mindful of the sounds your rig makes and the way the scrapes sound.  The first time I went wheeling I freaked out at every scrap I made.

I have hefty rock sliders, front bumper and rad skid....which I dented at rattlesnake canyon. I will have to remember to remove my mud flaps. I have done quite a bit of scraping of the undercarriage and I do it without fear. I will definately need an alignment after this which is why I invested in a lifetime alignment right after I bought my X.