Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Titan XD Pro-4X  (Read 3650 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Titan XD Pro-4X
« on: July 28, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »
So, I have had some recent frustrations with the X.  The clutch was slipping on the X (my fault), so that would need to be changed soon and I don't think they were really intended to be tow rigs.  And following brain replacement (it forgot my keys and wouldn't start) to the tune of $1700, and the stealership telling me it would be $3k to replace my just coils and spark plugs (F THAT), I have been chasing misfire codes to no end.  I have now replaced the spark plugs, coils (twice), two primary cats, cam sensors (twice), crankshaft sensor (twice), O2 sensors, fuel pump (yes, the tank was half full, still did it in two hours) and am about to swap out fuel injectors, I have decided that, going into retirement (just 114 work days away!!!) I am going to upgrade to a Titan XD Pro-4x.  With a tow capacity a little over 11k pounds and a 5.6L V-8 pushing 400 Hp through a 9-speed auto, it sounds like the kind of cushy ride my retirement self would like.

At least I am sticking with Nissan, an American-made truck.
Oh, I am still under $1k on ALL the parts I have purchased.  Screw you Mossy Nissan of El Cajon.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
Re: Titan XD Pro-4X
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
I am 500k days away from retirement, and I wouldn't mind moving to a full size truck.  The leg room is starting to get to me.  I also realize that the trails I like to go on would be perfectly fine with a bigger vehicle.  Some day!

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
So did you sell the X or just add the truck?
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 08:23:10 AM »
Added the truck.  My son Sean is getting the X.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 05:47:18 PM »
Added the truck.  My son Sean is getting the X.

That's a good plan, that way he can get out on adventures!
Isaiah 6:8