Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Ready Light  (Read 8690 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Ready Light
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
 On the Winter Mojave, A.J. AKA #2 had one of these and I was pretty impressed with it https://www.readylight.com/ I wasn't able to talk with him much just due to being busy with the run so I've been doing a lot of research. I called the company today with a few questions I had and they were really helpful. From what they were saying it takes approximately 20 hours to fully charge the main light using only the solar but he said if you fully charge it using a wall socket or vehicle 12v and top it off it will not be difficult to recharge. He was saying after about 3-5 hours of use at night it should be fully charged up by the time you get up and moving in the morning. He was saying they aren't submersible but he uses his through rain storms and freezing temperatures with ice forming on the light without any issue. The 5 year warranty is pretty attractive on them as well. The only downside he spoke of were the prices are going to go up $25- $30 in April if I wanted to save a few bucks. They are completely sold out at the moment but expect a new shipment by early March.  I get tired of bringing liquid fuel lanterns that the mantles are always breaking, having to keep them pressurized and a bunch of separate batteries for other lights. This could be great for breakdowns as the smaller lights have magnets and hooks. On the Winter Mojave #2's light really illuminated his campsite well.

Anyway, food for thought....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:29:16 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: Camp lighting options
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
Get a few of these and we could easily light up the entire campsite.  I think this is  something that could be strapped to the roof, with the solar panels facing up, to charge while you're driving during the day.  Though, I don't think a coat of mud would allow it to charge.  :D  For some reason, the ReadyLight website wouldn't load for me at work.  Here's the link I looked at.

https://www.gofsr.com/product/fsr-readylight/

edit:  Are you thinking group buy on these things?
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »

edit:  Are you thinking group buy on these things?

In truth I hadn't thought about a group buy but if we get a few guys who are seriously interested I would be glad to call them back and see if I can set something up. They were really nice people to talk with over the phone so it's sure worth a try.

And as to the mud coating.............. Bah! I'm still locating that salted variety of Soda Lake mud and trying to rid it once and for all.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
  In truth I hadn't thought about a group buy but if we get a few guys who are seriously interested I would be glad to call them back and see if I can set something up. They were really nice people to talk with over the phone so it's sure worth a try.

And as to the mud coating.............. Bah! I'm still locating that salted variety of Soda Lake mud and trying to rid it once and for all.
I'll bet we can talk a few people into committing to a buy, though, I think we'd have to get closer to $200.
R. Long

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
$200 (ish) mark is where I would be in.
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Celt

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
Well it seems we have at least three of us interested. If we get a couple more I will give them a call and see if they will go for it and put up a group buy post.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:09:42 PM »
Damn!  Already jumped the gun....  We were so impressed with #2's solar light that we came home and bought one off of ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282777651071

You can buy it in 3 different colors, FYI.

Celt

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »
 So far the guys interested are me, Rik, Steve and Fathead. I called back today and they are going to see what they can do for us. If anyone is interested please post up and if we get the numbers we might be able to get a good deal. On a side note everyone I've talked with at that store has been really great so I think were dealing with the right people for a project like this. I'll have the specifics after they discuss it and get back with me.

PainRoller

• 4wd Pts: 46
  • DILLIGAF
    • 2009 Bad Ass Xterra - Rig Name: PEPE
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 09:48:54 AM »
So far the guys interested are me, Rik, Steve and Fathead. I called back today and they are going to see what they can do for us. If anyone is interested please post up and if we get the numbers we might be able to get a good deal. On a side note everyone I've talked with at that store has been really great so I think were dealing with the right people for a project like this. I'll have the specifics after they discuss it and get back with me.

When I researched prices:  Amazon $350 (yikes), CVT $250 (but wouldn't ship), ebay (about $250 with shipping). 

So if you can get it in the $200 range, that is a DAMN GOOD DEAL!  So far we are really pleased with the quality of ours. 

Thanks for doing all the legwork on checking this product out, talking to the vendor, and trying to get the group an excellent price.  Did they say why the price was going up in April?

Hope more people jump on this....

Celt

Re: Ready Light
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:45 AM »
 From what I gathered the price increase is due to the manufacturing costs. I agree this is a very good lighting system that will solve many of my lighting issues so I figured I would pass the info on.

Celt

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:22:09 AM »
 Been awhile in coming but I spoke with the guys today and they are hopefully going to get back with me today or tomorrow on some pricing. It would be best to get 10-12 orders so talk with your buddies on other forums and they can either PM me or go through you. For the meantime I would rather not post this on the bigger forums for a few different reasons but individuals from other groups/forums are certainly welcome to get in on this.

Celt

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 10:53:47 AM »
 Ok guys the Ready Light group buy is a go. We need to order at least 10. More is fine but 10 minimum. The colors available are Black or Green. We can get them for $209.00 each + shipping. What they recommended is having everyone ship to their own addresses which should be about $25. Once you are on the list and we get at least orders lights I'll send you via PM the promo code to use. If you sign up please don't back out as it will only hurt the rest of the group who wants to take advantage of this really good deal. You can order for a friend too it's not just exclusive to us. What I would rather not have happen is this gets posted up on the bigger forums so keep it with us, friends, family. They want to have a two week order window so I'm going to see if they can start that around the second week of May. This is a really nice deal I negotiated on behalf of our club and the guys running the company. They have been great to work with so sign on up!

#1: Celt
#2: Fathead
#3: Sage Bromax
#4: Ultrapc40's bearded buddy
#5: JFanaselle
#6:
#7:
#8:
#9:
#10:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:44:02 AM by Celt »

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 11:54:05 AM »
Add me to the list.  Thanks for putting this together.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
I know I initially expressed interest and I hate to be "that guy," but I don't think I can swing this right now.  I'm still trying to recover from telling the wife about my new coilovers. >:D
R. Long

Celt

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 03:33:39 PM »
I know I initially expressed interest and I hate to be "that guy," but I don't think I can swing this right now.  I'm still trying to recover from telling the wife about my new coilovers. >:D

No problem at all. Hopefully you do not have the imprint of a frying pan on the top of your head..... 

:o
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:38:36 PM by Celt »