Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello! From San Diego  (Read 4131 times)

dinkydee

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2009 Xterra OR
Hello! From San Diego
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:28:48 PM »
New in San Diego, just picked up a 2009 Xterra OR (according to vin) after a lot of research and wanting to get into camping, trails and general adventure stuff. I'm guessing what I got was modded quite a bit since for an OR it lacks the e-locker. Anyway, the vehicle has been in the shop since picking up getting some service items done that I knew would be needed from the last owner. Will post pics soon once I finish the maintenance lifts. A few small questions:

Any SD shops you all recommend?
Front shocks are leaking, were the stock units Bil 4600? Looks like the last owner put on 5100 in the rear but I can't tell what is in the front...

Looking forward to trying the Otay Truck Trail (main road) soon, and joining up for some excursions after!

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Hello! From San Diego
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Welcome To SCCX, the scenery on Otay Truck Trail are nice
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: Hello! From San Diego
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
Welcome. Honestly, Nissan vins lie.  If it doesn't have an e locker it's not an OR.  Don't worry tho, the vehicle is plenty capable without it and ABLS is pretty good if you know how to use it, gentle steady throttle and the system will apply the brakes to the wheels that are spinning.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit