Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Winter Mojave Road 2020  (Read 44007 times)

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
Re: Winter Mojave Road 2020
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »
Yay!  Carjeep!

Also, Celt I just remembered.

East to west trip. Start in Laughlin, end in Afton.

O0
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2019, 12:41:58 AM »
Yay!  Carjeep!

Also, Celt I just remembered.

East to west trip. Start in Laughlin, end in Afton.

O0
Hell ya East to West
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

CarJEEP

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2019, 06:02:28 AM »
Thanks man, it’s only been over 3 years now. But if you have IG follow me there, car_jeep we can catch up there. But it’s been tradition to always miss canvaz for X reason. It’s not looking good for this year too.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2019, 07:33:06 AM »
At Jay's taco fiesta on Fiesta Island Steve C expressed interest in doing this trip from East to West. While I think it's nice to get a good shower and sleep the last night before driving home there are some benefits to this. I was thinking we should stay two nights in the NY mountains. Getting to NY Mtns from Afton would require getting up early and really pushing hard through the desert to get there. On the other hand coming back home from Beale Mtns would require getting up fairly early to get all the way out. It would limit those that want to stop at the lava tubes etc so everyone could still get home at a reasonable hour. The last thing I want to do is fatigue the drivers. East to West with one night in NY Mtns and one night at Beale Mtn will increase the time we have stopping at the favorites such as the mailbox to sign in. I would love to make this trip four nights so we could stay that last night at Beale Mtn. but I'm not sure that would work with many of your schedules. If you are going on this trip please post up your thoughts and vote in the poll we still have plenty of time to make a decision. I'm all about doing the mob mentality with direction on this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:37:25 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2019, 08:55:55 AM »
I like the idea, however my issue is I know a few people usually don't continue on the last day and head out early.  Also, my father in law and I have to be in SD the last day in the very least late afternoon, so we would have to work around that for us.  I look forward to crossing the water in Afton, so it would be a bummer to miss that.

Celt

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »
  I look forward to crossing the water in Afton, so it would be a bummer to miss that.

Either way we go were still doing the water crossing.

Rogue Overland

• 4wd Pts: 16441
    • 2001 SAS Xterra /2002 Xterra / 2012 TS Xterra
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2019, 08:47:25 AM »
We highly advise you set the time aside in your schedule to make this trip; it is a really good time!  We have been on a lot of trips and when we went on this one it was run very well! 

Here is a video we made of the one we went on if you want an idea of how it goes:

Celt

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2019, 09:09:19 AM »
 Thanks for posting the video ^^^^^. Always great to have you guys along with us!

Celt

« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2019, 12:34:43 PM »
 The latest update to this trip is I have 7 out of 23 participants interested in hotel reservations. The more people I get to commit will help reduce the costs of the hotel rooms. While at full price they are not very expensive I would rather try and save you guys a few bucks. If I don't get folks letting me know I'm not going to go through with getting a group rate deal and just let everyone make their own reservations. When I make the group rate reservations I have to sign contracts and the hotel wants fairly clear numbers before they draw up the paper work so your help is appreciated. So far we have 4 out of 23 giving input on which direction we should take. This trip should be as much fun as the other and maybe even more so because we have a lot more folks going that many of us have not seen in a long time. All I'm asking is a little more input from the fence sitters. It's not hard, just click a button or make a quick post to let me know what you want on this trip.

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
If we are going East to West, I will definitely will be in for at least 2 rooms.  I will reach out to Fire Ninja and #2 to see what they want to do. 

It's a pretty far drive from SoCal to not stay the night before.  I recommend everyone joining us.

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »
I‘ve only done a day trip from the Afton side. Never done the whole thing. So, I don’t have an opinion. I’m good with either way first.
G.B.H.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2019, 10:04:44 PM »
If we are going East to West, I will definitely will be in for at least 2 rooms.  I will reach out to Fire Ninja and #2 to see what they want to do. 

It's a pretty far drive from SoCal to not stay the night before.  I recommend everyone joining us.

Number 2 carry his room with him now LOL

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »
Cheap gas , Breakfast burritos & Fireworks  all in one place
AVI parking lot LOL  >:D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »
Cheap gas , Breakfast burritos & Fireworks  all in one place
AVI parking lot LOL  >:D

Now that you mentioned that correct little factoid, I think I will select that as the start point of the shenegens.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2019, 03:40:49 PM »

I don't care which way we go, but I like the idea of everyone staying in Dale's room >:D

Just in case though, sign me up for one room please.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO