Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: (Sir)JohnOfFullerton - RETURNS!  (Read 5120 times)

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
(Sir)JohnOfFullerton - RETURNS!
« on: October 18, 2020, 02:16:17 PM »
If you've been around SCCX for a while, then no doubt you've met our good buddy John.  First gen X owner, all around great dude - he has returned from his time in Beirut, Lebanon. 
His X has been sitting for a while and needs some TLC.  While discussing what's going on with it, I said the group would definitely be up for a mod day!
So, anyone up for doing some first gen work?  I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done, but some helping hands and hang out time is what I'm thinking. 

We're both up in north Orange County, but wouldn't mind traveling to someone's driveway, if they graciously offered!

I'm sure John will chime in here with what he needs help with.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/CYajT9.jpg
(Sir)JohnOfFullerton - RETURNS!
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

(Sir)JohnOfFullerton

• 4wd Pts: 7
Re: (Sir)JohnOfFullerton - RETURNS!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »
Hello hello

Like Steve said, the old girl needs a bit of love. She's running strong for the most part. Small stumble at idle occasionally, needs all the fluids besides engine oil changed, AC is caput, I'm hoping to finish the front lift by adding UCAs. There could be a couple other things but I'd say that's the important stuff.

Anybody up for helping? I can provide parts and festive selection of beverages.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 11:58:15 PM »
I Have 2 Hands and No skills.
Count me in >:D
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 10:39:35 AM »
Welcome back Sir John of Fullerton!

I'm more than down to lend a hand, but I'm in the same boat as Jayrat in terms of not being an expert (especially with first gen). Just let us know when/where this ends up happening. Looking forward to catching up with you again!

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
Welcome home Sir John.

I not sure if the geography works, but Fallbrook is always open for a goodwrenchin time. Most Saturdays are good for me.

Congrats on your new rig Joe, that's a good looking truck.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
I have no aversion to travelling a reasonable distance especially when the Mod Day bug hits. I always have several projects going at once with each vehicle. Feels like a one legged man in a backside kickin contest at times.

I'll be your Huckleberry.
Isaiah 6:8

(Sir)JohnOfFullerton

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
Thanks for the support! So I just found a bad injector, I'll have that done replacing by today and the X should be back on the road. I'm in loose talks with Richard310 to get his UCAs but I'm thinking (understandably) that he may not want to rip them off his truck yet. If not, I'll order some new ones. I grabbed AC gauges today and will start trouble shooting that. Need to change all the fluids and perhaps somebody will be into ripping all the plastic off and painting it up again?? If there's time I suppose...

No need for extreme skills, I'm confident with the work that needs to be done, it'd just be a lot more fun if I had a little help. On further thought, we can get cracking on it in the driveway at my folks place in Placentia. It's wide enough, could be helpful if someone else could bring another floor jack. Let me see when the UCAs will arrive and I'll set a date.

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 05:52:48 PM »
Welcome back. If you need an extra floor Jack or stands Steve know where I live.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
Glad you and the family are home safely.

I voluntold Randy's house for another signature SCCX "Mod Day" aka:  excuse to drink beer and lose 10mm sockets.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

(Sir)JohnOfFullerton

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »
So it looks like Saturday is the day. Maybe it won't be a typical mod day but it's something at least. I'll be meeting at Richards house near Torrance Saturday morning at 730 to get wrenching. Steve C will meet us for a few hours midday, if anybody else is up that way, please do come by as we could use the extra muscle. We're going to swap UCAs on our two trucks.