Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Well 2016 had to take one more victim.  (Read 2805 times)

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Well 2016 had to take one more victim.
« on: December 30, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
2016 took my Xterra's transmission twice.....

2nd Transmission gone. Not even 6 months after rebuild, my trans giving the same codes as prior U1000 & U1001. Trans doesnt respond except in reverse. The smell of ATF is strong but no leak. Me n the wife arent happy. So we gonna end up getting it fixed via warranty and trade it in. Wife wants 4runner. I want a 1.5 gen. Wife first then me :(

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Well 2016 had to take one more victim.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:42:43 AM »
Sucks Edwin, sorry to hear the bad news. :( Thankfully the work is still under warranty, but yeah, you've got something funny going on with that transmission. Sounds like you're offing your rig a day late and a dollar short.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Re: Well 2016 had to take one more victim.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »
well see dude. its just frustrating not only the fact im having the same issue with the X but my wife now not feeling comfortable in the X anymore, and I was recently able to break her comfort zone and attempt some expeditions. At the end of the day its my wife who decides because 1 she owns the Xterra (ppwk) and 2nd, she daily drives the Xterra since its the only vehicle we have that is comfortable for 2+ passengers.

I havent lost hope in this X but I have lost faith in it. Not sure if it makes sense but that how I can describe how I view this current situation. I want to keep it and do what I can for myself but its the only thing we have with value that we can possibly use for a trade in for a new vehicle. I am pushing to get a brand new Frontier but looks like my wife has her eyes on a 4runner. Again i could be exaggerating and assuming out of my butt, but only the future will tell.  Regardless of what happens you guys have been super rad with me and im forever grateful.