Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: RikRong's BluX build...Sshhiinnyyy....  (Read 120683 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: RikRong's BluX build...Went north, November 2019...
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2020, 05:10:41 AM »
That really looks amazing! It must feel like driving a brand new car around town. It sounds like you are all settled and happy up there. Must be a great place to live!
Isaiah 6:8

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:07 PM »
That really looks amazing! It must feel like driving a brand new car around town. It sounds like you are all settled and happy up there. Must be a great place to live!
The guys did an amazing job on it.  Unfortunately, I can't drive it right now because I'm on a nice little overseas "business trip" right now.   O0  We are pretty well settled in and it sure beats the craziness of SoCal.
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Celt

« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't drive it right now because I'm on a nice little overseas "business trip" right now.

Well once you get home and it's covered in mud with the radiator leaking steam you will know whom to speak with....

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »
Looks so purdy and shiny.  8)

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »
Well once you get home and it's covered in mud with the radiator leaking steam you will know whom to speak with....
I told Jenny not to drive it, if there's even the slightest chance of snow, so I can't imagine how it would get dirty... lol
R. Long

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: RikRong's BluX build...Sshhiinnyyy....
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2021, 05:54:38 AM »
Completed some preventative maintenance last week.  Hoping to avoid the plastic tees from blowing up unexpectedly, especially since I plan on keeping this thing for a long time, unlike most of the other members on here.  8)
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
R. Long

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2021, 07:38:45 AM »
WOW! That sounds like a shot.  Joe do you think that was a shot? ;) :D

More power to you buddy.  Keep that thing going as long as you can.  After 250k of hard driving miles.  I got tired of changing all of those little parts and sensors every month.

I can say, I do miss the X.  15 years together it was hard to part.  Jayrat did say He saw the beast in his neck of the woods, so it is nice to hear it's still going.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2021, 08:13:44 AM »
WOW! That sounds like a shot.  Joe do you think that was a shot? ;) :D

More power to you buddy.  Keep that thing going as long as you can.  After 250k of hard driving miles.  I got tired of changing all of those little parts and sensors every month.

I can say, I do miss the X.  15 years together it was hard to part.  Jayrat did say He saw the beast in his neck of the woods, so it is nice to hear it's still going.
It was a shot, but purely based out of love. :-*  I know things start to happen when the miles build up and I completely understand wanting to get into a newer vehicle.
R. Long

Celt

« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2021, 08:51:27 AM »
Completed some preventative maintenance last week.  Hoping to avoid the plastic tees from blowing up unexpectedly, especially since I plan on keeping this thing for a long time, unlike most of the other members on here.  8)

^^^^^^This! ^^^^^^

As a side note it cannot be confirmed as of yet but i heard from two reputable sources Duffman is selling his X and buying a prius........
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:53:12 AM by Celt »

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2021, 05:57:44 AM »

^^^^^^This! ^^^^^^

As a side note it cannot be confirmed as of yet but i heard from two reputable sources Duffman is selling his X and buying a prius........
Well, there is at least one Prius owner in the FB Xterra group who actually wheels it quite a bit.  She joined a couple of years ago when one of the admins played a joke and changed the group name to Prius Crew.  The group had that name for a few months because FB frowns on frequent group name changes.  lol
R. Long

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »
Looks good, Rick. I had to replace that plastic T, as well. I ended up having to use OEM again (because it was a sudden failure) and I got kind of lucky that my local dealership had the whole assembly it in stock. It had been leaking for a bit, and I should have proactively replaced it with higher grade components like you're doing.

I'll agree with Tim and say that I really do miss my Xterra, but I knew that I would. I wish I hadn't been in the position that I was, and that I could have kept it for much longer. But it was on the brink of needing some major work (cats, transmission), in addition to a BUNCH of small things, and it just didn't make sense to invest significantly more into it than what it was worth. Along with some other changes in my working/life situation that put me in a position to sell my "commuter car," it just made sense to replace my "fun car" and my "commuter car" with a new vehicle that would be my DD and my weekend warrior. With the Xterra no longer in production, I was really holding out for a new Frontier. When Nissan announced that the 2022 model was just a carryover of the 2021 (and that the release of the new one was delayed until 2021 second half, as a 2022 model), it was the tipping point that forced me into a Tacoma. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Still zero regrets, but I do miss the Xterra.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2021, 05:43:50 AM »
Looks good, Rick. I had to replace that plastic T, as well. I ended up having to use OEM again (because it was a sudden failure) and I got kind of lucky that my local dealership had the whole assembly it in stock. It had been leaking for a bit, and I should have proactively replaced it with higher grade components like you're doing.

I'll agree with Tim and say that I really do miss my Xterra, but I knew that I would. I wish I hadn't been in the position that I was, and that I could have kept it for much longer. But it was on the brink of needing some major work (cats, transmission), in addition to a BUNCH of small things, and it just didn't make sense to invest significantly more into it than what it was worth. Along with some other changes in my working/life situation that put me in a position to sell my "commuter car," it just made sense to replace my "fun car" and my "commuter car" with a new vehicle that would be my DD and my weekend warrior. With the Xterra no longer in production, I was really holding out for a new Frontier. When Nissan announced that the 2022 model was just a carryover of the 2021 (and that the release of the new one was delayed until 2021 second half, as a 2022 model), it was the tipping point that forced me into a Tacoma. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Still zero regrets, but I do miss the Xterra.
Understandable, it's a cost versus benefits thing at that point.  I also got my Xterra and started wheeling it several years after many of you OG members on here started, so I'm only starting to scrape the surface on the mileage that some of you all have/had.  When the miles get up there, we'll see how things hold up, hopefully, it's not a tale like all the other Xterras out there.
R. Long

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
Went back to new versions of the Rugged Ridge seat vests I had on my Frontier and then originally when I first bought my Xterra. I wasn't impressed with the wear resistance of the CoverKings. Yes, they're for a Jeep, but the design of the seat is nearly identical to ours. Yes, they also cover the side seat controls, but I'm the only one who ever drives the X, so no adjustment needed.
R. Long

Celt

« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2021, 05:00:39 PM »
Good to hear from you in these posts! Hope all is well there as I reckon it should be in Free America. I like seeing those two mini-people seats in the back. Super glad your family is growing and always wish the best for all of you buddy!

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2021, 05:58:22 AM »
Good to hear from you in these posts! Hope all is well there as I reckon it should be in Free America. I like seeing those two mini-people seats in the back. Super glad your family is growing and always wish the best for all of you buddy!
Yep, things are pretty good here.  The mini-people are growing so quickly, they'll be graduating high school before I know it.
R. Long