Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: AZ: Fat Tire Run Jul31-Aug2, 2015  (Read 4529 times)

AZ-Ted

• 4wd Pts: 2
AZ: Fat Tire Run Jul31-Aug2, 2015
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
Hello SCCX!  This year's Fat Tire Run is on the weekend of July 31st - August 2nd.  I know it's a far drive for you guys, but figured I'd post up in case you are interested.  The trail itself is very easy for any 4x4 (I brought my stock Titan through there last year).  If you have extra time, you could always combine this run with a day or two in Sedona (if you want to run some of the iconic trails in the red rock country).

When:  Jul 31st - Aug 2nd
Where:   Flagstaff / Grand Canyon
What:   65+ mile mountain bike ride from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon
Charity:  This ride raises money for the Marine League Charities (aka Toys for Tots, Wounded Marines, etc).
Our Role: We provide on-course support for the riders.  If they break down and/or can't continue, we will shuttle them to the next SAG (Stop And Group) stop.

We typically get up to Flagstaff on Friday afternoon / evening and camp at "Start Camp".  On Saturday, we are up early and drive out to our assigned spots on the trail.  We are on the trail for a good portion of the day (bring your own lunch, water, snacks).  On Saturday afternoon, we make it to the finish line just outside of the Grand Canyon (aka "End Camp").  At End Camp, the Marines cook a big fajita dinner, and Fat Tire donates the beer.  After dinner, we have a big bonfire, and goldfish (the crackers) massacre!  On Sunday morning, the Marines cook up a big breakfast, and then we break camp to head for home.

This is a great event, and one that I try to make every year.  We can always use more trucks on the trail, but let's try to keep it Nissans only (i.e. don't post this on a non-Nissan board).  That being said, if you have a buddy with another make of vehicle, they would be welcome to join us.

Attendees:
AZ-Ted
WHPIVxterra
TeguTerra
Azfronty99 (tentative)
pinchel
m.sainz12
FirstXRS
PitSnipe
powracoustik
knightrider
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:25:32 PM by AZ-Ted »
2006 XOR 4x4.  Titan Swapped, Fully Shrocked, etc, etc.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: AZ: Fat Tire Run Jul31-Aug2, 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
this sounds like alot of fun, please add me to the list. 
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

AZ-Ted

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
this sounds like alot of fun, please add me to the list. 

Added!

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:33:58 AM »
This is some interesting timing.  I was just thinking to myself yesterday that I should really go see the Grand Canyon. 

Is there a website to check out for the event?
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

AZ-Ted

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:06:29 AM »
Yes, the event website is at:  http://flag2gc.com/