Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: New Ford Bronco  (Read 5710 times)

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
New Ford Bronco
« on: July 15, 2020, 01:56:22 PM »
So who's trading in their X for the new Bronco?  I'm extremely impressed with what Ford is bringing to the table, and glad there is another option out there.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: New Ford Bronco
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
It does seem pretty good! I'm also happy that someone else is bring another serious contender to the space. I thought for sure that it was going to end up being another "Blazer" or "Pathfinder" reboot, where they just reuse the name for another mall crawling soccer mom vehicle. But I'm impressed! If it does well enough, I think it'll make other manufacturers consider serious vehicles in this class again, too.

As with all new things, I'd recommend waiting until at least the second year before buying one. Maybe even a couple of years. Let everyone else work out the bugs, first. :)

FrankB

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 03:48:37 PM »
I'm kind of liking the Sasquatch Edition, if only for the cool name.  Well, that and because I'm now driving "another mall crawling soccer mom vehicle".

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 05:33:48 PM »
Well, that and because I'm now driving "another mall crawling soccer mom vehicle".

Hey now.... no offense intended. Remember, we have a Highlander ourselves. :) I was simply pointing out the trend in recycling the names of old body-on-frame highly-capable vehicles and reusing them for new unibody SUVs that are not intended to drive off road.

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
I'm eyeing the base model equipped with sasquatch package. Nice to see someone taking on Jeep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:52:01 AM by fourxfunk »

FrankB

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 10:33:02 PM »
Hey now.... no offense intended. Remember, we have a Highlander ourselves. :) I was simply pointing out the trend in recycling the names of old body-on-frame highly-capable vehicles and reusing them for new unibody SUVs that are not intended to drive off road.

No offense taken Joe.  It's all good.  Besides, I've been watching people refer to the Xterra as a soccer mommy car since I got my first one in 2005.  XOC used to have a few people really played it up.  They just couldn't get used to the idea of an IFS vehicle being any good off road.

As for the naming trend, I was horribly disappointed when Nissan neutered the Pathfinder.  They took an excellent vehicle and made it into something not even close to what it should have been.  Oh well.

Eva

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2015 Pro-4x
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 02:40:39 AM »
Fix or Repair Daily!  Seriously, that's one reason I don't like jeeps, they have a low reliability rating.  They say to never buy the first year of a car model, there tends to be a lot more problems in those since they haven't been been well vetted by the public yet.  Also I like the xterra exterior design better. 

On the flip side, it's a relief to see another contender in the market now that FJ and Xterra are gone.  Although with more options on the market, that makes it even less likely the xterra will come back but that did not seem likely anyway.  I also like the interior design on the Bronco and all those modular options could be quite fun.  The door with the funky hole in it also looks cool but does that not result in more dirt/mud/water splashing inside or does the splash tend not to hit there anyway?  I'm also a bit worried about the possibility of sleeping in the back.  THe back row of seats do not appear to fold flat and it looks rather short back there, but I think the back seats are removable so that would just leave the issue of the overall length in the back.  Anyway, should be interesting to see how it plays out and what actual users think of it when it comes out.  The Bronco will also be more expensive than my xterra so hopefully I'll be more wealthy by the time my xterra wears out.  ;-P