Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Camp Kitchen Utensil Essentials  (Read 2838 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Camp Kitchen Utensil Essentials
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:01:46 AM »
So I was wondering, what are the essential kitchen utensils YOU need for your off road kitchen 

For a 2-3 day adventure

I'm looking to add to my supplies,
 and I know I'm going to forget something :P

P.S Sage Bromax saved me in CANVAZ with his wine opener
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Camp Kitchen Utensil Essentials
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:10:44 AM »
Serving spoons

Good kitchen knife...usually a 6" French and a small utility

Wooden spatulas...don't scratch the nonstick Snow Peaks ;)

Torch lighter

Tongs...long and short

Collapsible colander

Mixing bowl...pancake batter, eggs, etc.

Oven mitts for hot things

Just a few off the cuff Jay...I'm sure there's more. :)

Sent from Cygnus X-1
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: Camp Kitchen Utensil Essentials
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
I keep my camp kitchen set up and ready to go in one of those nylon milk crates. Inside I generally have fork/knife/spoons inside a bag along with a serving ladle and serrated kitchen knife, can opener, several Bic lighters weatherproof matches. A small stack of plastic plates, red SOLO cups (the redneck in me) and my mil-canteen cup. I keep my backpacking single burner stove and fuel container (MSR Whisperlite). Three different size nesting cooking pots with a small 4 cup coffee percolator with a bag of my favorite coffee. I have a small sponge with a very small squeeze bottle of dish soap inside it all. A roll of paper towels and an extra trash bag or two. Along with all of this I keep a few extra cans of canned food, squeeze bottle of cooking oil, some of those Trader Joe's small hermetically sealed boxes of soups, box of favorite crackers, one or two cup-o-soups in case you break somewhere and just need a quick meal or are too tired to whoop up a big mess of vittles at camp. Salt/pepper shaker. Each time I stop by 7-11 or similar store, I grab a package of mayo,mustard,relish or hot sauce and toss them all in a bag. This list changes a little here and there but that's basically it and everything fits inside one of those crates and can easily be lashed down in the back and easily taken out and set up somewhere for use. Other than maybe some other oddball specific things most of my gear is all located in one spot and takes me about 15 minutes to get completely loaded up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:09:04 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8