Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: RIP Sheep/Coyote Canyon Trail(the fun part anyways)  (Read 2867 times)

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
RIP Sheep/Coyote Canyon Trail(the fun part anyways)
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
We went camping in Sheep Canyon this week, the first time since they reopened the trail from the flash flood they had in September.  We always love this place because it's secluded and difficult for your average Joe to get there.  Well, that is no longer. The hill that used to be covered with rocks and small boulders was wrecked in the flooding, and the powers that be smoothed it out, making it easy for even a Chevy Astrovan to make the climb(saw it with my own eyes).  Sad day indeed...

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: RIP Sheep/Coyote Canyon Trail(the fun part anyways)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
We went camping in Sheep Canyon this week, the first time since they reopened the trail from the flash flood they had in September.  We always love this place because it's secluded and difficult for your average Joe to get there.  Well, that is no longer. The hill that used to be covered with rocks and small boulders was wrecked in the flooding, and the powers that be smoothed it out, making it easy for even a Chevy Astrovan to make the climb(saw it with my own eyes).  Sad day indeed...

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

Never ceases to amaze me, the park service gripes about over use and people thrashing things but they make it super simple for anyone to get there. Gubment foolishness at it's finest.
Isaiah 6:8

FrankB

Re: RIP Sheep/Coyote Canyon Trail(the fun part anyways)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »
So the Rocky Hill of Doom is no more.  That is too bad.  I never actually got a chance to drive up there.  Last time I went that way it was so crowded with people looking for wildflowers that we turned around and went to a quieter part of the Park.