Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What Happened to the SCCX Crew  (Read 7932 times)

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
Re: What Happened to the SCCX Crew
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »
Do it.  Not opposed to this.  If you could do some designs, maybe some rough ideas, I'm into it. I was just talking to a new contact on getting shirts/stickers/patches made so perfect time for a new design.

We do have a FB page but JT3 and I are the only admins, if anyone else would like to help add content I would appreciate it.  I am not huge into posting and stuff so you youngins could be a great addition.  I agree it's nice to have stuff on FB like runs but some people miss out on the goings on because they do not face the book.
I have no problem starting up the SCCX IG, I just will need to have people submit content to me or allow me to use pictures from the forum. I want it to be focused on us and not really be about posting pictures submitted by followers, like many of the other pages out there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 08:27:37 AM »
Done.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

R. Long

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 11:59:47 PM »
I just will need to have people submit content to me or allow me to use pictures from the forum

Feel free to use ANY shot I've ever taken. If you need a copy, please let me know. I'll be sure to post/tag some to IG in the future. I've never been much into IG, but I need to be (it's a huge tool in the public safety photography world, too, and I need to embrace it more).

We do have a FB page but JT3 and I are the only admins, if anyone else would like to help add content I would appreciate it

I'm down. Add me as an admin if you want. I'm sure I'll be terrible at it, but I shoot enough content that I might as well be able to post some of it from time to time. :D

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:26 AM »
"marketing" this "club/not a club" has always been a challenge.

Plus side to FB/Instagram are they draw in new members...folks LOVE to see Xterras/Frontiers/Nissans wheeling in remote/extreme locations, and searching for photos in thread on a forum, to Duffman's point, is millenial tedium at it's finest.

Plus side to forums, you can search for material, and history of runs/trips/builds are perfect for new members to view for tips/tricks/mod ideas...you just can't do that on social media.

Down side to all of this...within the world of a "club/not a club" is that there is no real ownership, or accountability, which time and time again is what the folks like about this site.  It's easy, no rules...etc. 

However, this casual attitude can be frustrating to folks who have a passion for Xcursions, showing up on time, leaving on time, coming to the trail semi-prepared, and generally being semi-responsible.

So what I have seen in 9 years of participating in this forum is an ebb and flow of folks who wheel when they can, some of us get very involved and lead and organize consistent runs, and others show up once to never return.

IMHO the best thing is to be consistent with posting runs, and work hard to be patient with new folks on the trail, but also set appropriate expectations in the first post of an Xcursion...which hopefully avoids a bit of confusion when a 2WD shows up to run Gold Mountain in Big Bear.

It's the people that seem to make a forum really work, the more you meet face to face, the less those one dimensional out of context posts are taken to heart, and you can joke about them later over a campfire and beers/s'mores...

Kudos to the current crew of folks who have been pumping the life blood of Xcursions/Mod Days/Meet N' Greets that literally drive the traffic to this once unlively collection of threads and posts...Randy, Jordan, Joe, Erik, Tony, Jay, Rick, Tim, Spencer, Frank B./OG just to name and recognize a few.

From a guy who can relate to trying to herd the cats for a greater good...keep up the great work gents.  :D 
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 08:53:55 AM »
Feel free to use ANY shot I've ever taken. If you need a copy, please let me know. I'll be sure to post/tag some to IG in the future. I've never been much into IG, but I need to be (it's a huge tool in the public safety photography world, too, and I need to embrace it more).

I'm down. Add me as an admin if you want. I'm sure I'll be terrible at it, but I shoot enough content that I might as well be able to post some of it from time to time. :D
Awesome, I appreciate it.  I'm sure you've noticed my recent tags.  If you have some shots of trips/runs that you haven't sent to me, feel free to email them to me.  I think you still have my email, if not, I'll shoot you a message.

On the IG note, we're up to about 25 followers, not bad for only two days out there.  I'm also working the page so that Nissan aftermarket companies see the page.  By doing this, I hope I can bring in some free products that can be given away on here or used to raise funds for supporting the forum and not have to rely on us members to pay for maintenance every year. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:57:39 AM by RikRong »
R. Long

TurboChris

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2005 Xterra
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »
I see there's a socalclubxterra in addition to the new socal_club_xterra on IG......what's that about? It seems brand new as well..only 2 photos that are a couple days old.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »
  I'm also working the page so that Nissan aftermarket companies see the page.  By doing this, I hope I can bring in some free products that can be given away on here or used to raise funds for supporting the forum and not have to rely on us members to pay for maintenance every year.

I'd tread lightly here Rick...bounce this off of Randy and Frank, forum sponsorship has always been frowned upon in this establishment.

Not saying it can't be done...just hasn't been favored in the past.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
I see there's a socalclubxterra in addition to the new socal_club_xterra on IG......what's that about? It seems brand new as well..only 2 photos that are a couple days old.
Not sure, I think someone else was reading through this thread and decided to start a page up too, and didn't see the other one?  I think I know who it was, I'll shoot them a PM.  The one I'm running is the page with the _ .
I'd tread lightly here Rick...bounce this off of Randy and Frank, forum sponsorship has always been frowned upon in this establishment.

Not saying it can't be done...just hasn't been favored in the past.
Will do, I don't think I'm necessarily looking for sponsorship and I think that's something I'm going to stay away from.  Maybe just free stuff, without a kickback to a vendor, if that happens.
R. Long

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »
Not opposed to this.  If you could do some designs, maybe some rough ideas, I'm into it. I was just talking to a new contact on getting shirts/stickers/patches made so perfect time for a new design.

Jay and I were just talking about this on the Bradshaw.  Maybe it would be a good idea for a new logo that is a basic 2-3 color design, to help with printing costs.  It would be cool to have limited stickers for specific runs, like TMR, Cerro Gordo, etc.  Also, patches are the new thing, that would be a cool idea.

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »
I've been requesting quotes for patches recently.
They're VERY expensive unless you buy 100pcs. 

Jordan's contact seemed willing to work with us on some patches. (stickers, shirts shwag)
New logo would be super cool - But, I'd love to have a big old school logo patch!
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
It would be cool to have limited stickers for specific runs, like TMR, Cerro Gordo, etc.  Also, patches are the new thing, that would be a cool idea.
We have done this in the past but the problem is the min quantity required leaves me with a bag full of stickers from Mojave rd 2014 / Bradshaw 2014  like I do now.  I guess we could leave off the year to help with that issue.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »
We have done this in the past but the problem is the min quantity required leaves me with a bag full of stickers from Mojave rd 2014 / Bradshaw 2014  like I do now.  I guess we could leave off the year to help with that issue.
I'd like to buy a couple of 2015 Bradshaw and Mojave, if you have
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

RikRong

• Administrator
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
I've been requesting quotes for patches recently.
They're VERY expensive unless you buy 100pcs. 

Jordan's contact seemed willing to work with us on some patches. (stickers, shirts shwag)
New logo would be super cool - But, I'd love to have a big old school logo patch!
We frequently order custom patches for the programs we are testing.  I'm putting out feelers now, but I think a lot of places we order from require a minimum of 50 pieces.  I'll get back to you, but this will help save $$$ so we don't have to order 100 pieces.

https://patchwarehouse.com/custom-embroidered-patch-pricing.php  We can probably get in the $4-$5 range.

I paid $5 a piece for these patches.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:28:31 PM by RikRong »
R. Long

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 05:00:40 PM »
wife is going to get mad at me after finding out I will spend my check on SCCX swag.....

fourxfunk

• 4wd Pts: 14
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 10:24:16 PM »
Take my money!  Some new stickers/ patches would be sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk