Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: What not to do at night ...  (Read 8733 times)

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Re: What not to do at night ...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 04:33:48 PM »
Very nice Joe! Knowing that the Potrero site has legal hiking access to the outer portion gives some hope for exploration, and I'm hoping the Laborde facility will have similar qualities.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re:
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 10:28:03 PM »
My roommates grandfather used to work for convair at sycamore canyon down here testing atlas and cruise missiles.  

We used to hike out to them quite often but one time, my friend and I decided to go down into one of the underground bunkers.  

Huge mistake as the rope we had brought broke.  My other friend who didn't go down ended up finding a large piece of steel cable and we used that to climb out...  I'm pretty sure it was haunted down there as there were some crazy noises down there and our flashlights stopped working right after the rope broke.  Have not been back there since.

Sent from my rooftop tent while stargazing
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 10:51:12 PM »
My roommates grandfather used to work for convair at sycamore canyon down here testing atlas and cruise missiles. 

We used to hike out to them quite often but one time, my friend and I decided to go down into one of the underground bunkers. 

Huge mistake as the rope we had brought broke.  My other friend who didn't go down ended up finding a large piece of steel cable and we used that to climb out...  I'm pretty sure it was haunted down there as there were some crazy noises down there and our flashlights stopped working right after the rope broke.  Have not been back there since.

Sent from my rooftop tent while stargazing

Now that sounds like the makings of a good Halloween movie....
Isaiah 6:8

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »
Jordan, that's crazy!

Joe, what area is this?<--Google Maps Link.
We always called it Beaumont
We use to ride our dirtbikes there as kids.
I seem to recall concrete structures in that general area.  Nothing as extensive as the video someone posted, more like bunkers.

I once was chased by a pack of dogs there.  That was scary. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
Steve - that's the same area where TerraX was wheeling at night, and is the same area as the Laborde site. The concrete structures you saw were probably part of Laborde. In the image on your link, there's a wide dirt road toward the left side of the image that runs north-south in a pretty straight line. Toward the bottom of that road in the image is the first concrete slab related to the site, which was the assembly factory. If you follow that road south a little (scroll in the image), you'll see a bunch more concrete pads where other buildings used to be.