Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: And just like that…..  (Read 7795 times)

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
And just like that…..
« on: November 10, 2023, 07:06:39 PM »
Anyone who is still here…

My X went down last Saturday, one car length short of the window at in & out. It was a super sad day for me personally. I had spent several months rehabbing her. Had to change out several of the rivnuts, repair a hole that I found in the roof (Because of a rivnut) about the size of a silver dollar, started to repaint her with Raptor liner, replaced to 02 and MAF sensor, replaced the stock roof rack and was working on the off-road light conversion….. Then this. She threw no codes, but just wouldn’t run anymore.
   Had her towed to Nissan and of course sales calls me before the shop did, making me promises of we will take care of you and we will give you 10k for your broken down Xterra….. BS! Ended up with a Taco. TRD Off-road Crew cab, Long bed. She is nice, but emotionally it’s a mixed bag. Miss the X but am overall pleased with the outcome.

Hope you are all well, maybe some of us Taco drivers can meet up with with the remaining X drivers and drool over each others rides.

Jeff
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: And just like that…..
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 07:07:36 PM »
That's too bad. Did you ever find out what happened?
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 02:46:06 PM »
Welcome tot he dark side young padawan.  Those of use that have moved on from the beloved X still hold fond memories of them.  I see so many Xterra's in Colorado that I am actually looking into buying one just so I have the more capable vehicle available ready to go in the snow.  I have to load a couple of hundred pounds of sand in the bed of the Taco to keep it on the icing roads.

I do have to say, it is nice to have availability of accessories for the Tacoma.  If you plan on hauling or larger tires, i strongly recommend regearing and getting the tuning done.  I wen to Adain James and Sibi Tune for my set-up and it made a world of difference.  Make sure to post some pictures of the new ride.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 03:26:05 PM »
Woody, N. Idaho has more Xterra's than Hillcrest has priuse's.
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 08:13:51 AM »
 lol lol lol
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.