Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4181 times)

skitso1080

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • N/A
Hello
« on: June 30, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »
Just found the site through Socal Overland, youtube channel. I do not currently own an xterra but I am looking at them right now as a platform to get into overlanding. I was looking at the 1st/2nd Gen Grand Cherokees as well, I don't know which is actually better, but here just to learn and listen.

thanks.

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »
Welcome,
   We will be biased here as we all drive Nissans. Alot to be said for all vehicles, good and bad. Are there any specific questions?
    If modding is your goal, the aftermarket doesn't cater to Nissans the way it does to jeeps or toyotas. That said, we have a few solid options available to us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 04:54:04 PM »
If you are going to step into the Nissan ring, be sure to go for the 2nd gen Xterra, it's got the bigger engine and more HP.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

skitso1080

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • N/A
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 07:25:36 PM »
Thanks, I don't think I will be modding much. I hope to have a reliable rig that can do fire trails and some entry level trails as well. Use it to get to camp spots etc.

JeffBett

• 4wd Pts: 26
    • 06 Xterra
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:26:02 AM »
Welcome

LOL "I don't think I will be modding much"  We'll see once you hit a couple of trails.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 07:37:43 AM »
Welcome!

"I don't think I will be modding much"

And yup... famous last words.  ::) Just be careful, because hanging out with the folks around this forum is a pretty quick way to a heavily modified rig and an empty bank account. Most of us started out without intending to do many mods, but once you get bit by that bug, it's all over. :D

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 12:15:57 AM »
Welcome!

And yup... famous last words.  ::) Just be careful, because hanging out with the folks around this forum is a pretty quick way to a heavily modified rig and an empty bank account. Most of us started out without intending to do many mods, but once you get bit by that bug, it's all over. :D
^^^^^^^
Baaa Haaa Haaaa  >:D
Welcome to SCCX
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch