Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Santiago Peak trail?  (Read 3188 times)

Drew117

• 4wd Pts: 1
Santiago Peak trail?
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:58 AM »
Hey guys newbie here! Can you guys give me some tips and anything else I should know about this trail. I want to get to the top but I have only been to the start of the hiking Part of the holy jim trail.

Adio.

• 4wd Pts: 10
Re: Santiago Peak trail?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
This has all you need.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Divide_Road

While there are a bunch of different access points to get up to the peak, a lot of them are gated a majority of the time. Starting at the Ortega Highway and running it all the way to the peak and then down into Silverado Canyon is fun. I live in Anaheim so I used to just go up Silverado Canyon to the top or go off towards the 91 and play around a bit up there.

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
Re: Santiago Peak trail?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
My girlfriend and I took the new X (and our dogs) up to satiago peak today via Indian Truck trail then turned right on main divide. It is fine for a stock X (minus mudflaps and running boards) watch for the over hanging dead plants they will do a number to your paint.... (if they do i have the perfect stuff to buff it out)... i check this site  http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229&width=full that will tell you what trails are open. If you are anywhere near Corona i recommend Indian truck trail when its open or if you are closer to Elsinore I'd go up the ortaga hwy a bit and turn out at the main divide and take that up. If you are on the OC side i hear the trubuco canyon rd is popular and from the looks it seemed a bit more mild. Next time i go up ill have to post a few days in advanced and see if we can get a group to the peak. check the pictures section of the forum tomorrow night some time and i should have pictures up from the trip up.