Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: In market for rear tire carrier and inputs needed  (Read 2670 times)

3rdhandedX

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 05 X
In market for rear tire carrier and inputs needed
« on: January 12, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
Before I get to which bumper is the best for money ( I have done some research on other brands ) ..

I have few Q's

Do you guys prefer having tires on driver side ?

Most of time  , I drive by my self . weight of me , full tank of gas , and tire being driver side , too much weights one side , no ?

I have not seen one xterra (online ) with tire being on passenger side ..

After some thoughts , I'm thinking about getting bucksnorts H2 style tire carrier and wanted some inputs .

Thanks

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: In market for rear tire carrier and inputs needed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »
The tire usually has to be on the driver side because it's the only way the arm can swing wide enough open to clear the rear hatch so it can open too. If the tire is on the passenger side, the tire would have to swing all the way around almost 180 dregrees, which is very impractical (think about parking lots or the side of a narrow roadway). I haven't seen a mass-produced design for the Xterra that has  the tire mounted more toward the passenger side. I have seen some custom homemade bumpers where the tire is more in the middle, but all of the branded ones (shrockworks, hefty, maxgear, hardcore) are shifted more toward the driver side.

I think of all the brands out there, the maxgear ones seem to be made the best. He puts a lot of thought and engineering into his designs, but they aren't cheap.

3rdhandedX

• 4wd Pts: 2
    • 05 X
Re: In market for rear tire carrier and inputs needed
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »
Didnt think about that part at all !! It does make sense . stupid me . XD

I appreciate ur inputs .