Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Impromptu Cleghorn Run - March 3rd, 2011  (Read 5437 times)

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Impromptu Cleghorn Run - March 3rd, 2011
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:37:35 AM »
Work sent me out to San Bernardino last Thursday, and afterwards, I had a few hours free before heading home to Riverside. Cleghorn was only about ten miles away, so off I go!

As I would be going by myself with a fairly stock 2WD X, I aired down and took it slow and light, ready to turn around as soon as I came across something that would be too much to handle. After running Big Bear and Anza Borrego with the group last year, I found out real quick what was and was not possible in 2WD. The recent rains left enough puddles and ruts along the trail, but it was better then what I expected: it was perfect to run when choosing the right lines. About three-quarters of the way up, I ran into a few snow spots. The view from up there is pretty sweet! Soon the trail was covered in snow, so I turned around and made my way back down. It was a great way to get out for the day! Just enough to keep the X dirty. :)

Looking over the hills towards Wrightwood, near the start of the trail:

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
Re: Impromptu Cleghorn Run - March 3rd, 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »
Nice!  It sounds like you had some wind or maybe that was just the placement of the audio in the video.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Re: Impromptu Cleghorn Run - March 3rd, 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
Thanks! Yep, both contributed to the noise. The wind was consistent, but not so strong to have to lean into it.