Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Double Xterra spotting...  (Read 13460 times)

onewaysoldier

• 4wd Pts: 3
    • 2001 XE - SAS'd
Double Xterra spotting...
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:46 PM »
The first was on Sunday afternoon in San Clemente on El Camino Real near Del Mar at 1:00 p.m.  It was a Grey 00-02 Xterra w/ about 4+ inches of lift in the back, and 4" upfront with shocks that had remote reservoirs.  Swing-a-way rear bumper and a few other cool things.  I managed to violate a couple of traffic in a successful effort to chase down the X.  The driver was a female and accepted my compliments on the X and said she'd pass them onto her husband.  Any ideas?

The second I'm pretty sure was 4x4forfun.  I saw your silver X going from PCH to the 5 South on Monday around 3:00 ish?  My passenger leaned out the window and give you a thumbs up.  Any ideas?
I'm trying to figure out something witty.

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
Re: Double Xterra spotting...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »
Sounds like Desert HB (Doug).  He's got an SASed silver X.  He's the guy that been putting on Gone Moab.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure the first one was a IFS truck...  Not entirely sure.  Just remember the driver said her husband's name was Justin Quinn?  Isn't there a Quinn on the board.

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »
There is.  If I'm not mistaken, he got back from a deployment not long ago.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

Quinn

• 4wd Pts: 6
  • Molan Labe!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 11:36:42 AM »
Roger that!

Back in black for now and livin' the dream in good 'ol San Clemente...

Yeah...the wife loves drivin' the X just as much as I do.

Now, if I can just get spousal authorization to lift our 4x4 Armada and throw some meat grabbers under there I'll have a little somethin' more than a big a$$ Griswald grocery getter gas hog!
SSG 11B U.S. Army
40th Infantry Brigade Combat Team

I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you.

"Jersey girls ain't trash, trash gets picked up"

4x4forfun

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 03:11:23 AM »
Yep
The second one was me. Dang, your x is looking pretty tough now with the SAS. Also the homemade rear bumper is pretty damn cool with the wrap around corners. Like to get a close up of that for a few minutes.
Had to go to sears and pick up the slave girl (wife) a new vaccume for Christmas  LOL LOL LOL.
Thats why I only went one exit south when I saw you.
 Hey, don't blame me. Thats what she asked for. No kidding. LOL, one of a kind.
 Don't worry, I am not that bad, I got here a nice diamond pendant she has hinted at for the last 2 months. She's worth it. ;)
But he said it was stock friendly!!

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:01:43 AM »
Roger that!
Now, if I can just get spousal authorization to lift our 4x4 Armada and throw some meat grabbers under there I'll have a little somethin' more than a big a$$ Griswald grocery getter gas hog!

Welcome back and thank you for your service to our country.  I really appreciate it.  Three of my best friends are off in Afghanistan and Iraq and I do my best to chat with them and pray for them often.

Saw you X again today.  It looks really good.  Let me know if you'd like to get your sliders adjusted and your front bumper adjusted for the body lift.  I'd be willing to help you get that done on some Saturday.

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:06:30 AM »
Yep
The second one was me. Dang, your x is looking pretty tough now with the SAS. Also the homemade rear bumper is pretty damn cool with the wrap around corners. Like to get a close up of that for a few minutes.
Had to go to sears and pick up the slave girl (wife) a new vaccume for Christmas  LOL LOL LOL.
Thats why I only went one exit south when I saw you.
 Hey, don't blame me. Thats what she asked for. No kidding. LOL, one of a kind.
 Don't worry, I am not that bad, I got here a nice diamond pendant she has hinted at for the last 2 months. She's worth it. ;)

Dude, if your wife is asking for a vacuum for Christmas then how could you be anymore happy?  And mad props to you on the diamond pendant.  Now you just got to take her to Napa Valley for a weekend of wine tasting and you're set.

Thank you for the compliments on the bumper.  Next time I see you I'll try (the X is a bit slower now) to catch up to you and flag you down.  It's always exciting getting to see another built up Xterra in the neighborhood.  Thanks for the compliment on the bumper.  It needs a bit of trimming to fit the 35's but I'm really stoked on it.  This maybe one of the products I try to bring to market in a couple of years if the fab shop idea works out.

4x4forfun

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:48:22 AM »
The fab shop idea is awesome. Expand your line though to include FJ's and Jeep liberties as well. There is a lot of those in this area and you could make a killing on FJ roof racks alone as the stock racks are almost a useless design. Also been seeing a lot of 4x4 ford vans in the last year so that would be a good market to look at as well. "Think CUSTOM"  and you could really go places with it but don't forget to make a jig for each piece so you can readily duplicate it when need be.

I am going to purposely forget to mention the whole napa thing as she would instead suggest a trip to Paris, France and then not give up until I agree. She is a big city grand hotel type. I'm not. :-X

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
Yeah, if Napa, California really means Paris, France then your bummed.

You hit right on the mark with your idea to build roof racks for FJ's and SL's and armor for Ford vans.
My idea with the job is to make and sell gear for the less common vehicles.  To start I'll be making gear for Xterra's, Troopers, and a couple other vehicles that I'm still looking at.

4x4forfun

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 03:16:47 AM »
Don't discount having a line for the more common vehicles as that could be a real bread winner. Despite the fact that there are already a bunch of fab shops producing these things, one considers shipping prices when looking to buy and you are actually in a great marketing area. So Cal is the car capital of the world and you have many many potential walk in customers which will save you time with not having to ship. Roof racks for H2's, H3's, FJ's, Liberties, and such as well as lumber racks for all types of pickups could really be a big money maker given the local population and what they drive. From there you could expand your line out to every suv and pickup line. The more common the vehicle the better chance of selling to them.
 The difficult part is getting a hold of any particular vehicle to build the first piece and produce your jig or template for it so it can be duplicated for future orders. One way to do this is to advertise to the forums for a local who is interested for the material cost. I did this with my Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa for a guy who wanted to build aftermarket racks, skid plate and engine guards for this particular bike and for less than $50 I ended up with $500 worth of accessories for my bike. My brother did the same thing with the same guy for his Kawasaki KLR650.
 When you get ready to do an Xterra roof rack give me a shout and I will let you examine my gobi rack and give my personal opinions of likes and dislikes about it, what I would do differently if I were to do it over again. Things like aerodynamics, weight, and the ability to clean the roof under it. From there you could have the best racks on the market.
 Something else you might consider is buying someone elses design like SLR's line. He made great products but a flake of sorts in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy but you really had to pin him down to get something out of him. He had a great line of products but in the end he was his own worst enemy. I have heard he is hurting for cash so you might be able to pick up some of his line for a song and dance. Only problem is trying to locate him as he seems to be in hiding or something.
 Then when your shop gets big enough we can have all the club functions and parties there LOL. ;D

Quinn

• Molan Labe!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »
Roger that!

Welcome back and thank you for your service to our country.  I really appreciate it.  Three of my best friends are off in Afghanistan and Iraq and I do my best to chat with them and pray for them often.

Saw you X again today.  It looks really good.  Let me know if you'd like to get your sliders adjusted and your front bumper adjusted for the body lift.  I'd be willing to help you get that done on some Saturday.

Dude!

That'd be rad!

I'll fully take you up on that some weekend when it's convenient for you.

Check yer PM.

Are you going to the club Christmas Party?

Is there a club Christmas Party?
SSG 11B U.S. Army
40th Infantry Brigade Combat Team

I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you.

"Jersey girls ain't trash, trash gets picked up"

onewaysoldier

• 2001 XE - SAS'd
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »
There needs to be a club Christmas party.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 01:49:47 PM »
There needs to be a club Christmas party.

Check in the Excursion forum under "Holiday Party".  My work is done here.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.