Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Meet up  (Read 4610 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Meet up
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »
 I was hoping we could get a few folks together in the next week or two to have a BBQ similar to what Jayrat organized around this time last year. We do not see each other often enough. Fiesta Island is a good place but I would be open to just about anywhere. If you are worried about the edicts from the (Jack)ASS-in-charge of California there is still plenty of places we can go that Needlemeyer's edicts have zero input on us getting together.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:14:09 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

G.B.H.

• 4wd Pts: -21
    • 08 xterra se
Re: Meet up
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:49:27 PM »
As the husband of an ICU nurse (majority of her patients are intubated due to covid) and a healthcare worker myself (had to operate on a covid positive patient last night) I wish people would stop politicizing this pandemic. It really has nothing to do with politics and entirely to do with science and logic. Newsom has to enact this insanity because people are, for some reason, not capable of wearing a mask and distancing. Simple civic duty. You don't have to get drafted and go into war and possibly get killed. Just put on a mask and take a step back when someone else is around and me and my wife can work and worry a bit less. Doesn't matter if you are left or right the science is the same. The solution to this is not political. No one gains political power if you put on a mask but we might get out of this safer and sooner if you do.

As far as the meet up goes, I think it's a great idea. As long as masks and distancing are done when needed. Hang out. Have a cold beverage. Talk politics (No beer on Fiesta Island? WTF?). Talk about the pandemic if you want. Getting out of this oppression is up to us not Newsom or whatever name you want to call him.
G.B.H.

Celt

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
Not too sure I follow you. In my suggestion to meet up, I didn't have any requirements of wearing a mask or not. I didn't suggest we have or not have some distance requirement. I'm not organizing some form of a CHUSA event with a bunch of requirements. If you want to go great, if you don't great. If you want to wear a mask or not, great I really think that's your business and not mine. Along with that I won't be wearing a mask and I'll still want to have interaction with some friends. If that bothers you then maybe it won't be for you, no hard feelings. What I'm suggesting is an outing with some folks that I have gone wheeling with over the last 8 years that I have not seen enough of over the last two years and have really grown fond of.

twizzlejay

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2012 PRO 4X
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 04:32:31 PM »
I liked the Fiesta Island last year. Plenty of space to do it again. I'm down

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 07:29:49 PM »
I hear scary things about this Fiesta Island , I think it's a Breeding ground for THE VID
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 03:29:01 PM »
I hear scary things about this Fiesta Island , I think it's a Breeding ground for THE VID

Enter the scary music:

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 10:22:11 PM »
Anything happening soon?
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

Celt

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 03:41:32 PM »
Anything happening soon?

Sorry to not respond earlier, I just saw this. So far nobody has said much but hopefully after the holidays things will pick back up with interest.