Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 10/9 through 10/12 camping trip: Updated Location - Blair Valley Campground  (Read 14996 times)

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Everyone is welcome to do whatever they want for food. We already made a big batch of chili and cornbread, so it'll be there if anyone wants some.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
I have the Carnitas all whooped up and ready to go for everyone.
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
I just heard from Celt, and he is at the site all set up. He said they ended up having to set up about a mile down the dirt road, well past the bathrooms. He is monitoring 146.535 on Ham Radio, in case anyone is unable to find the spot.

We are getting on the road later than expected (work and school were a $hi* show today), just about to pull out of the driveway. Should be there by 6:00 or 6:15 pm. See you all there!

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
Looks like I can come out for a night. Will try to make it out tomorrow

FBinSD

• 4wd Pts: 17
I am going to try to make it out tomorrow afternoon as well.
2012 Frontier pro4x

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
See you all in the morning
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Thank you to those who made it out... Frank, Spencer, Tony, Eric, Dale... it was so great to see everyone and to spend some much needed therapy time around the campfire laughing with you all. It got a bit hotter on Saturday afternoon than the forecast called for, but we survived the heat for a few hours, and the beautiful evenings made it worth it. Like I said... it was better to get out there in the heat than not get out there at all.

There was a surprisingly large number of people out there camping, especially on Saturday night. We ended up with a nice secluded plot of land that as large enough to accommodate at least 12 rigs, so we hand plenty of room to spread out. But the number of vehicles driving up and down the road all evening looking for a place to camp was unexpected.

For those who didn't make it... sorry we didn't get to see you. Hope we'll catch you on the next one!

ultrapc40

• 4wd Pts: 47
  • Name is Phil
    • 2002 Nissan Frontier
Awesome trip. Thanks for setting it up and getting us out! I have a few lesson learn for the next time I head out with the family.  A screenin popup gazelle is in my shopping cart right now. Stupid bee....

Eric I have a “chill gorilla” like tarp in there as well to add more shade.

I will keep dreaming of a badass camping trailer like Tony’s but will hold of on the cassette toliet purchase for now 😅

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
I will keep dreaming of a badass camping trailer like Tony’s but will hold of on the cassette toliet purchase for now 😅

Just need to get one with a pressure release valve!!! :D :D :D

It was great to see everyone, this was very much needed.  Looking forward to the next one, and hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later!

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Re: 10/9 through 10/12 camping trip: Updated Location - Blair Valley Campground
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2020, 08:02:47 AM »
For those that asked, the fire pit I brought out is made by Solo.  The one I brought is the Ranger.  They have started their Black Friday sales event:
https://offer.solostove.com/fire-pits/

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein