Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 10/9 through 10/12 camping trip: Updated Location - Blair Valley Campground  (Read 15006 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
We will be doing a charcuterie board full of finger food for Saturday appetizers.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Just spoke with a neighbor that is cheif with OCFA and he said that the National Forests are opening tomorrow.  I'm in if Santa Rosa is open.

Well shoot....

It's 10:30 am, and there's been no announcement yet. I even checked with my sources at the California Office of Emergency Services, and they haven't heard anything from the feds. As of 1 hour ago, overhead freeway traffic advisory signs are still illuminated with the message "NATIONAL FOREST CLOSED TO ALL PUBLIC."

Please share ASAP if you hear anything more, and I'll monitor for news releases throughout the day. It's getting pretty late in the game to keep changing the location, but I would be open to moving this back to the Santa Rosa Mountain site if they make an announcement within the next couple of hours.

vambrizz

• 4wd Pts: 0
    • 2000 Xterra 3.3 4wd
Found on the pacific southwest forest service Twitter:

https://twitter.com/usfs_r5/status/1314250981459124224?s=20

It talks about not having fires, but this announcement only makes sense if the forests open.

Here is a list of all links to social media sites for all the forests.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r5/news-events/mediatools/?cid=STELPRD3816967

Looking further into it, Looks like they’re confirmed open. Here’s the twitter for Cleveland but all the other forest appear to be releasing similar announcements.
https://twitter.com/ClevelandNF/status/1314283135811514375?s=20

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Santa Rosa Mountain camping trip - 10/9 through 10/12
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
"Going" and "Maybe" lists have been updated.

Just an update on the forest closures - the USFS announced this morning that the closures will NOT be lifted before the end of this week's expected high fire danger, which is expected to run through Wednesday. After that point, they will continue with "day to day" evaluation of the situation.
looks like a Saturday Morning arrival for Ayden and I
we will bring Hot Dogs,  Buns and cheese for some Chili dogz
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Yep, the San Bernardino National Forest just confirmed that the forest is closed through the end of day today, and will reopen tomorrow.

So, if we move the site back to Santa Rosa Mountain, who is still in and who is out?

Also - we'd need someone to get there pretty early tomorrow, if possible, to set up in the spots for us. I'm sure people have been dying to get out there, and the spot will probably be occupied pretty early in the day. Is anyone able and willing to do this? I can't leave the house until after virtual school is over, around 2:00 pm.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
My vote at this point would be to keep it in the desert. I need to go pick up my dad on the way out as he wants to go. If I had to double back and head up north it would add another two hours onto my drive time.
Isaiah 6:8

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Unfortunately, with Sharon's current health, we will only be able to do Blair Valley (less than a 2 hour drive for us).
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
I just read that Pinyon Flats is open tomorrow.  If that is the campground we were going to, I'm in.  I can be there mid afternoon. to get the spot.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
We are sticking with Blair Valley. Sorry Tim. As badly as we want to go to the mountains, I'm too worried about not getting out spot at the Santa Rosa Yellow Post sites.

If the forest stays open, maybe we'll plan another trip up there in a couple of weeks.

Celt

Since we don't have fire restrictions please remember to each bring some firewood as it will cool off at night. Other than being very excited about seeing everyone I am so very happy about the idea of sitting around a camp fire!

P.S. -Woody, it would be really nice to see you and your family again. I hope you reconsider joining us.

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Thanks.  But we are going to pass.
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

Thanks.  But we are going to pass.

But who will bring the potato salad? We have the Canadian going so it could be the perfect setup..... >:D >:D

Hope to catch you guys on the next one!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 08:31:11 PM by Celt »

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
Because the Magargle spawnlings are extremely picky eaters...we will be handling our own food situation.

Celt

Because the Magargle spawnlings are extremely picky eaters...we will be handling our own food situation.

I'm not so picky. What kinda vittles you whoopin up? Moreover if you need to store some of your beer in a refrigerator I will take the hit and offer up some precious space to you.

I know. I  know a selfless act but I'm that kinda guy.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
It would be easier to Fend for ourselves?? just saying
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch