Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Mountain Rendezvous vittles project  (Read 9410 times)

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: Mountain Rendezvous vittles project
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
I'll bring pulled pork for Friday night

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »
I'll bring pulled pork for Friday night

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Don't shop till after Tuesday
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 11:26:17 PM »
Don't shop till after Tuesday
  Agreed, if we cant get so much interested going to come and eat I don't want the guys spending a bunch of money for food going to waste. I'm fine with the Friday get together and the Saturday breakfast but if guys don't want to post up and show up with a plate and fork in hand is in poor form. I'm all about feeding people but there has been a lot of chances to just sign up and do that.
Isaiah 6:8

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
Who is yet to chime in that is attending the event with our specific group? I think I saw that Randy is out for the MRV all together, and Edwin + fam are not arriving until Saturday morning. That leaves only Steve C and Zaphos that I saw in the original MRV post but haven't chimed in yet on this thread. And if they're both doing their own thing for food, then we still have a good sized group and plenty of food volunteered between the rest of us.

Can those of you who associate directly with others that are attending (but aren't regularly on the forum) reach out to them to see if they're interested, and what they would bring? For those without the culinary skills or equipment to cook for a large group - consider things like sliced fruit, breakfast pastries, etc. You don't have to cook something to contribute.

Off the top of my head: Lemans, Dave, and the Rogue Overland crew probably haven't even seen this post. Who else am I missing?

vegasvuk

• 4wd Pts: 11
    • 2019 Nissan Titan/2018 T4R
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
Sorry guys just saw this.. Ill make buffalo lil smokies for Friday. We will get in on the sat am breakfast also just have to figure out what to cook.

Andrew

Celt

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »
Sorry guys just saw this.. Ill make buffalo lil smokies for Friday. We will get in on the sat am breakfast also just have to figure out what to cook.

Andrew

I'm not sure you would need to cook anything as we will probably have enough but if we can get a head count from all of you guys would be great. As to the lil' smokies for Friday, bring em' on! I love those!

Celt

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 11:10:25 AM »
Who is yet to chime in that is attending the event with our specific group?

Joe, what I think is concerning to most is how many people we are going to feed. Jeff Bett made a comment that according to the American Adventurist site there is something like 20 vehicles associated with us showing up? We know we will have enough to feed everyone signed up to help cook. I will probably be driving a vehicle up there that's extremely limited space on a good day. What I would not like to do is bring way too much food that will get wasted when I can use that space for the wife and I. Hopefully the word will get out and we can get a yay or a nay. Thanks for posting the link to the NV guys as they are always really good about letting a brother know.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:30:44 PM by Celt »

vegasvuk

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »
  I'm not sure you would need to cook anything as we will probably have enough but if we can get a head count from all of you guys would be great. As to the lil' smokies for Friday, bring em' on! I love those!

Sounds good - its just Jenni and I coming in from Vegas this year. Some scheduling conflicts prevented Nick and Alex from joining.

Celt

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 11:16:09 AM »
Sounds good - its just Jenni and I coming in from Vegas this year. Some scheduling conflicts prevented Nick and Alex from joining.

It will be nice to see you guys again but unfortunate the rest of your crowd won't be there. I'm hoping for the same campsite we normally get so if you want to camp with all of us come on in.

vegasvuk

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
  It will be nice to see you guys again but unfortunate the rest of your crowd won't be there. I'm hoping for the same campsite we normally get so if you want to camp with all of us come on in.

Sounds good man ! You will be there on Thursday ?

Celt

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »
Sounds good man ! You will be there on Thursday ?

Yes, hopefully by 1130-1200.   ---------146.535

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure where that 20 rig count is coming from. Just doing the math off the top of my head: Celt, JFanaselle, Steve C, CAWoody, vegasvuk, Jayrat, EJsarus, Sage Bromax, Fire Ninja, SCUBA_Dale, Zaphos, Jeff Bett & Dave = 13 rigs. Unless I'm missing anyone.

Almost everyone has chimed in and offered to bring something for Friday night or Saturday morning (except for the couple that aren't regularly on the forum), so I think we're good to go at this point. Let's lock it in, and we can give a hard time to the couple of folks that don't bring something later. :)

I'm very much looking forward to this trip! It's been too long since I've slept under the stars!

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure where that 20 rig count is coming from. Just doing the math off the top of my head: Celt, JFanaselle, Steve C, CAWoody, vegasvuk, Jayrat, EJsarus, Sage Bromax, Fire Ninja, SCUBA_Dale, Zaphos, Jeff Bett & Dave = 13 rigs. Unless I'm missing anyone.

Almost everyone has chimed in and offered to bring something for Friday night or Saturday morning (except for the couple that aren't regularly on the forum), so I think we're good to go at this point. Let's lock it in, and we can give a hard time to the couple of folks that don't bring something later. :)

I'm very much looking forward to this trip! It's been too long since I've slept under the stars!
Knightrider #55
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 04:37:34 PM »
Ok. I'll reach out to knightrider and steve c offline and see if they're interested. I was going off of our thread on this page, not the thread on American Adventurist.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 04:59:00 PM »
Ok, Steve C is in. He's bringing fresh fruit. knightrider is no longer able to attend MRV.