Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: 4th of July Holiday Weekend 2017: Planning Thread  (Read 10726 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: 4th of July Holiday Weekend 2017: Planning Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
double time pay?

But of course..
Isaiah 6:8

zaphos

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
I don't know if you had any luck getting a trip assembled for the 4th but if not, perhaps you would be interested in some mayhem. Some of you know the fun I've had with my rear tire carrier order from Calmini that started approx Nov. 2016. Apparently this is a very special tire carrier requiring cutting edge R&D based on quantum physics and using the latest in space age materials OR these guys are simply feckless.

Whichever the case, the dark side has taken over my mind and I am determined to have make some fun out of this little fiasco.

Justin made the mistake of admitting the carrier is actually assembled and powder-coated and sitting in staging area to be shipped. I suspect it will be there for quite some time given their unique understanding of space and time. I confirmed they are open Monday which I have off from work.

SO...

Would anyone be interested in throwing and old fashion rumble at Calmini? You know, show up with a bunch of Xterras, storm into the office and basically make pests of ourselves until they give up the damn bumper.

Disclaimer:
I am being sarcastic. I do not mean go in Mad Max style and burn the place down or do anything ridiculous. Justin has actually been very apologetic about the whole thing... about 1500 times... and it is obvious he has no control over actually making anything happen any faster. I wouldn't take his job for a million dollars.

I will be talking again with Justin later today (I can tell he is really looking forward to it) and, if he confirms once more the bumper is physically there, I am rolling north Monday from San Diego. Anyone want to meet there? Maybe do a San Diego/ OC/ LA get together and then grab some grub while making fun of the example of excellence that is Calmini?       
Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ

zaphos

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2001 Xterra SE 4x4
Siege at Calmini Cancelled
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 12:24:37 PM »
Justin did call me back and explained a whole lot about why this order is screwed up. They built it as a 2nd gen and had to re-do the swing gate and now the license plate bracket is on the wrong side. HE PROMISES it will be ready by the end of next week. He was once again very cool and apologetic about the whole thing which is like Kryptonite to my dark side.

Sorry if I hijacked anyone's thread, I thought it might be a way to get a quick trip put together over the holiday weekend.

Some people like to BBQ, Normans like to siege
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:05:53 PM by zaphos »
Destination unknown but I'm on my way.

KI6EBQ

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
Where is Calmini located?
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 03:49:15 PM »
Where is Calmini located?

West Bakersfield.  North on the 99 to 58 West.  It's about 7-8 from the intersection in the "NEWER" part of the Bakersfield.  Still a ghetto. :-X
Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.