Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Work got cut short today! Trail Damage!  (Read 8931 times)

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
Work got cut short today! Trail Damage!
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
Not Me! But the pump rig.

Some of you who may have been following my week in the desert may recognize this truck:

Today we finished the first well about 1030 am and were heading east on the 'whoops' of the Mojave Trail. All of us were only able to maintain 20mph because of the equipment in our rigs.  I was following the pump rig and there were a few watermelon-sized rocks in the sand and whoops; no big deal just kind of dodge them - usually trail stuff. Pretty dusty and after about 20 miles I see a rock/boulder come flying out the pass side rear of the pump rig but he keeps moving like nuthin happened. I mean that rock flew like it was made out of rubber. We get to the Kelso Depot Visitor Center and I pull into the parking lot and see this:

Its now noon and the Geo takes Dale to Baker where hes called a tire shop and they have 2 tires and a rim (he tore up both outer tires on the dually). No prob 1 hour round trip and we're working again. 3 hours later he tells us the guy in Baker is jacking him for 800 bucks so they say screw that and went to Barstow to rape a rig from the yard. Short story long I get to cruise back to the hotel early. I dont mind cause its been 12 hour days all week!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:56:13 PM by Oz »

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
Re: Work got cut short today! Trail Damage!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »
More rubber and less steel!
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

fleury123

• 4wd Pts: 3
Re: Work got cut short today! Trail Damage!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »
How fast were you trying to drive that tank. This is heavy damage to Steel