Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: San Diego Xterra Underground - SDXU Trail and Camp Run Dec. 3rd & 4th  (Read 10854 times)

ArchX

• 4wd Pts: 7
The San Diego X Underground (SDXU) a group of Xterra (or any offroad worthy Vehicle) enthusiasts residing in San Diego (or anywhere else on the globe) who for whatever reason dig off road (and on road vehicular travel ) ... Trail runs are lead by whomever the group chooses on the day/run, and has the will and ability to lead the run  . No officers, dues, fee's, or initiations.. all members must be willing, at all times to lend a hand for mechanical, moral, or comical support to all offroad and camping adventures.. group assumes zero liabilty for risk ..

This weekend Dec. 3rd and 4th..

Sat. : 9:00 am - SD departure
- 78E 9:30 - 9:45am - Meet in Ramona Albertsons (1459 Main St, Ramona, CA 92065)
- Banner drop in via Rodriguez Canyon to S-2
- Pinyon Mtn.. The Squeeze, the Drop
- Coyote Creek to Sheep Canyon to Camp.

Sunday Dec. 3rd
- 9:00am - Depart Sheep Canyon Campsite
- Trail #1 - tbd..
- return via S-2 Oriflame/Chariot Canyons to 78 ..

CB Channel - 17 (preferred)
FRS - TBD

The usual suspects so far...
Marc - Arch'sX (Camping Sat. and Sun. Wheeling)
John - GhostX (Sat. Wheeling)
Matt - Hardrock453 (Camping Sat. and Sun. Wheeling)
Jim - Jeep Sporting new Suspension (Camping Sat. and Sun. Wheeling)
Amber - GlamisDunesStar (Camping Sun. wheeling)

Let us know if you're in or meet up out there.. SDXU partners with and works with all other organized offroad groups, does not intend to ever really materialize or formalize....

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:31:17 PM by ArchX »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: San Diego Xterra Underground - SDXU Trail and Camp Run Dec. 3rd & 4th
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:02 AM »
Cool Marc, thanks for posting this up.  I guess I'll have to save room in the back window of my X for "another sticker."  ;)

FYI:  for anyone planning on attending this run, please be advised that some of the trails (The Squeeze, The Slot) could provide some serious off road challenges, as sliders, skids, a good set of tires along with a good dose of off road experience and common sense are required.  Running with stock tires/side steps/splash guards would not be recommended, unless you want to MOD your truck along the trail.  ;D

Please feel free to read through the SCCX Xcursion Guidelines Section here:

http://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php/topic,212.0.html

(as SDXU is a subgroup to SCCX  ;)) and then ask questions accordingly.  Marc will be leading the trail and I will tail gun for the Saturday section.

Also, for anyone who is going to trek out with a ham radio, I will be monitoring 147.030 + repeater, and 146.520 simplex.  Hope to see a few faces both familiar and new.  :)

I will be loading a few geocaches for those interested as well.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:07:28 PM by GhostX »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

ArchX

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:27:03 AM »
Cool John..  ahh  yea another sticker probly..  hahaha..   ;D

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
Very cool indeed.  Wish I could go but my X just lost the alternator coming back from AZ.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

IRON X

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 04:40:35 AM »
I would be up for this, the ony thing is that i dont feel like im as prepared as i should be for the trail run; as of right now im 3 weeks away from my new wheels and tires, and i dont own (yet) any skids or sliders. I would love to see what my 1.5 gen is capable of as stock as possible before I lift her, and this would be a great opportunity to test her out. Im a good 2 1/2 hours away from the meeting spot, but would be willing to make the trip this time if my shortcomings were not an issue. I have recovery points in the front of my rig but not yet in the rear (they are in the process of being fabricated). I do not have a cb set up yet but i have a motorolla T5400 two way radio that works pretty well and can get onto channel 14 and below. I have tools ready to go and a compressor for inflating and deflating my tires. So i guess my question is should i go regardless of what i dont have on my x yet, or should i wait until my rig is trail ready? (sorry for the late post but i barely saw this yesterday)
33x12.5 Duratracs, Crager Soft 8's, DIY 2" BL, AC Upper Control Arms, Sway-A-Away TBars, Trail Gear Sliders, Sony Xplode GT450U, Volant CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler w/ Downpipe, KC Daylights on Custom Fender/Cowel Mounts, TC IAB, Uniden PRO510XL CB, 4ft Firestik, Smittybilt Front Recovery Hooks

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:43 AM »
I would be up for this, the ony thing is that i dont feel like im as prepared as i should be for the trail run; as of right now im 3 weeks away from my new wheels and tires, and i dont own (yet) any skids or sliders. I would love to see what my 1.5 gen is capable of as stock as possible before I lift her, and this would be a great opportunity to test her out. Im a good 2 1/2 hours away from the meeting spot, but would be willing to make the trip this time if my shortcomings were not an issue. I have recovery points in the front of my rig but not yet in the rear (they are in the process of being fabricated). I do not have a cb set up yet but i have a motorolla T5400 two way radio that works pretty well and can get onto channel 14 and below. I have tools ready to go and a compressor for inflating and deflating my tires. So i guess my question is should i go regardless of what i dont have on my x yet, or should i wait until my rig is trail ready? (sorry for the late post but i barely saw this yesterday)

Good morning...a couple of questions.

Is your Xterra 4WD?

What brand/model/size tires are you using?

Tell us a little about your off road experience?

Thanks!

John, GhostX
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

ArchX

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 01:09:08 PM »
Yep, is she 4wd and your experience?  

Now, We are all now going to be on CB, I can also run FRS to keep you in the loop..  

You will risk damage to an unlifted unarmored Xterra. You will risk damage to a lifted armored Xterra.

-Even though Rodriguez has recently been graded, I rolled a rock the length of my undercarraige that gouged my shrock armored diff last run and I was at 3 1/3 inches of lift (now 4 1/2")..  
-Pinyon Mtn has a number of advanced obsticles, stock vehicle not recommended - we can recommend alternatives for you in area, meeet up with us later.  
-Coyote Canyon has recently been graded as well so should not be a problem up to camp.  
-You will make undercarraige contact on Oriflame, but it is doable stock.  I completed it bone stock 2 years ago, lots of contact, kinda slow going with no lift.  

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:31:45 PM by ArchX »

ArchX

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Just Runs rating below for Rodrigues/Pinion
2+   Slightly Modified      Above plus,, 31
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:27:09 PM by ArchX »

IRON X

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
Im currently running Nexen Roadian Ht's. Size 265/70 R16

I have 4wd on my X and I am pretty new to offroading. Ive done some dirt roads up in big bear but no real trail riding as of yet  :-\

33x12.5 Duratracs, Crager Soft 8's, DIY 2" BL, AC Upper Control Arms, Sway-A-Away TBars, Trail Gear Sliders, Sony Xplode GT450U, Volant CAI, Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler w/ Downpipe, KC Daylights on Custom Fender/Cowel Mounts, TC IAB, Uniden PRO510XL CB, 4ft Firestik, Smittybilt Front Recovery Hooks

ArchX

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
Yep, it's a push really, we'd love to have you..  might be stressful for you though and yes a rock could damage some vitals Oil Pan, Diff etc..  You'd be running slower than us and without full communications...  I've got plenty of recovery gear, but you should have your own and a fire extinguisher of your own is a good idea...  John is very patient as a spotter, and event organizer, I am slightly less so (sorry just sayin personality thing) we'd do whatever we could to help you with any mechanical problems but we're not experts..  (though Matt's a dang good mechanic)

....now remember this is SDXU a completely informal subgroup of SCCX and others.. typically suited for the next step up in mods/runs..  
My gut says meet up to camp and run the 2nd day with us.  Then catch back up with us either on a more moderate day or when your truck is a little more outfitted.. other than that your already in with SDXU for even considering it  ;).  let us know what you decide..    

cdagne

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »
I am going to try and make the Saturday run.  I have some things to do on my truck first so I am hoping to get them done tonight.  So you can put me in as a maybe and hope to see you all Saturday morning. :)

ArchX

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
I am going to try and make the Saturday run.  I have some things to do on my truck first so I am hoping to get them done tonight.  So you can put me in as a maybe and hope to see you all Saturday morning. :)

Cool man hope to see you there..

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »
Cool man hope to see you there..

Didn't you play for the Red Sox?  :P
KD6DCI

IRON X

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »
I think Im gonna hold off until I get my cb and tires installed, which will be done by the end of this month. Ill be out there next time for sure. Have a good one guys.

Mastagrog

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
soon....