Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Wouxsun HT - 2m Radio Testimonial from Just Runs  (Read 3206 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Wouxsun HT - 2m Radio Testimonial from Just Runs
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
Roger Mullins gave a very nice review of a great HT (handie talkie) 2m radio.  For those of you just starting out or wondering about Ham Radio on a budget, you might give this radio a serious look. 

Arch'sX also owns one and has had good success with this great entry level price point radio.

Message flagged Friday, September 14, 2012 6:10 PM   I've had a couple of people ask me my opinion of the inexpensive Wouxun dual band ham radio.

I've had my Wouxun for several months and I've found it to be a good, reliable radio, particularly for the price. The radio costs about $120. The radio omes with a 120 v. charger.

There are a number of optional accessories that are also inexpensive compared to other brands. If you do buy a Wouxun, I recommend buying the optional programming cable then download the free programming software. Programming the memories from your computer using the free software is very easy.

If you are planning on using your Wouxun as your main ham radio in your vehicle I recommend buying the optional Battery Eliminator so you can transmit and receive with the radio plugged into your vehicle's cigarette lighter. You might also consider buying an adapter that will allow you to plug in an external antenna. However, for vehicle to vehicle communication the included antenna is fine. Other reasonably priced options include different antennas, extra rechargable batteries, speaker/mike and a battery pack that takes AA batteries.

To make my Wouxun more compact and easier to carry around I purchased a a 2 inch "Rubber Ducky" antenna. I find the compact antenna is fine for short to medium distance work.

Roger

KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Nysade

• 4wd Pts: 0
Re: Wouxsun HT - 2m Radio Testimonial from Just Runs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »
Roger Mullins gave a very nice review of a great HT (handie talkie) 2m radio.  For those of you just starting out or wondering about Ham Radio on a budget, you might give this radio a serious look.  

Arch'sX also owns one and has had good success car dvd players with this great entry level price point radio.

Message flagged Friday, September 14, 2012 6:10 PM   I've had a couple of people ask me my opinion of the inexpensive Wouxun dual band ham radio.

I've had my Wouxun for several months and I've found it to be a good, reliable radio, particularly for the price. The radio costs about $120. The radio omes with a 120 v. charger.

There are a number of optional accessories that are also inexpensive compared to other brands. If you do buy a Wouxun, I recommend buying the optional programming cable then download the free programming software. Programming the memories from your computer using the free software is very easy.

If you are planning on using your Wouxun as your main ham radio in your vehicle I recommend buying the optional Battery Eliminator so you can transmit and receive with the radio plugged into your vehicle's cigarette lighter. You might also consider buying an adapter that will allow you to plug in an external antenna. However, for vehicle to vehicle communication the included antenna is fine. Other reasonably priced options include different antennas, extra rechargable batteries, speaker/mike and a battery pack that takes AA batteries.

To make my Wouxun more compact and easier to carry around I purchased a a 2 inch "Rubber Ducky" antenna. I find the compact antenna is fine for short to medium distance work.

Roger

Would you like to sell the radio? or tell me a source to purchase it
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:14:49 PM by Nysade »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
Re: Wouxsun HT - 2m Radio Testimonial from Just Runs
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
Nysade...check the link below.  Amatuer Electronic Supply is a personal mail order favorite of mine for all that is ham related.

Wouxun 2M/220mhz HT
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.