Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Santiago peak group day trip??  (Read 3319 times)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
Santiago peak group day trip??
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
After this past weekend in Kern county Jamie and I have been itching to make it back up for lunch on santiago peak, I am also playing with the idea of driving the entire north main divide.  I just thought I would throw the idea out there to see if anyone would like to tag along. For the most part it is a 2wd trail with a few parts recommended 4x4 and if we did the whole N.main divide its about 4 hours with out a lunch break at the top. We most likely would do it on a Monday or Tuesday. 

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Santiago peak group day trip??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Sounds like a fun trip but I can't do the mid-day, mid-week ones. :( Haven't been up to Santiago Peak in a while and would love to go enjoy the view once more. Never have traveled north of the peak on North Main Divide road, so that would be fun/interesting.

I actually did the full drive over South Main Divide last night... started out in Murrieta and took Wildomar Truck Trail up to S. Main Divide. From there I took the Divide road north to Elsinore Peak and watched the USMC blow stuff up on the base for awhile, then took the Divide road south all the back to Tenaja Road. Started around 7:00 pm, was done by 10:30 pm. But N. Main Divide is so much more fun. :)

2013nick

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2013 xterra S 4x4
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:36:08 PM »
I have yet to venture down the south main divided but always been meaning to.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:32:23 PM »
Mondays or Tuesdays are perfect for me, I'm in.  Small groups move a LOT faster.  I would like to see the whole north side.  The south devide connects all the way to Fallbrook.  I can show you guys another day.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO