Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: My poor Xterra. Unlicensed driver using his cell phone.  (Read 14660 times)

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
Sorry for the link to FB but I haven't the energy to post the photos again.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150944804604747.478860.748889746&type=1&l=98d6d0caf1

This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Bobby B.

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 17
Re: My poor Xterra. Unlicensed driver using his cell phone.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:28:44 PM »
That really sucks.  Sorry dude.
I like sammiches.  And bacon.  Sammiches with bacon.  And chips.  Lots of chips.

Orange X

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • Family That Play Togather Stay Togather
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »
That sucks big time. I hope something positive comes out of this for you. Good luck man

MaxPower

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:03:31 AM »
Thanks.  I'm pretty upset like you could expect but proud of myself that I didn't do something that would result in me going to jail.  The thoughts did go through my mind.  Seems looking at his cell phone was really important to him.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »
Hey Max...again really bummed for you and the Xterra.

Very curious to see what the insurance company says on this one.

Keep us posted.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
this kills me

guywithpups

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
Dude!  :o

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »
Wow!! I'm really sorry for your X and feel really bad for you man. Hope your insurance company comes through. Just stay on em, don't let them off easy. They're in the business of weaseling out of claims DON'T LET THEM. If you need the number of someone that can help you deal with the insurance company, PM me.
I love it when a plan comes together

panathrasher

• 4wd Pts: 13
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that, that is why at work I impound the car an unlicensed person is operating for 30 days. No license, No car, No exceptions......that was Californias moto until the political pressure started to benifit unlicensed drivers.
2011 Xterra PRO4X..... KJ6SRM

MaxPower

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
The CHP did impound the car for 30 days so that's good.  I would have thought they would arrest him too but the said they didn't see him driving the car so they couldn't.  The fact that we saw him get out of the car, he admitted he was driving it and that he was looking on his cell phone and had no idea how fast he was going might lead them to arrest him...but nope he was picked up by family and drove away.

Sorry to hear that, that is why at work I impound the car an unlicensed person is operating for 30 days. No license, No car, No exceptions......that was Californias moto until the political pressure started to benifit unlicensed drivers.

MaxPower

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »
My AAA contact called and wants to know what shop I would like to have the X towed to.  I mentioned all the aftermarket improvements and she said if it was going to totaled they would take the improvements into consideration for sure.  I need to gather receipts and find a shop to take it too.  Sucks because if it's totaled there's still 4 almost new BFGs, front bumper & never used Warn wench, sliders that saved the body as his tire slid along them, skid plates, rear bumper......not sure if I'll be able to keep any of that or just let it all go.  Maybe it's all repairable....

InsideOut104

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
Wow! Sorry dude! Keep us posted on what insurance says. Good luck!

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:19 AM »
I saw this on facebook. Im so sorry Max. I hope everything works out.
~Shi

MaxPower

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »
Thanks.  People are scaring me betting they will want to total the truck.  I looked for comps on Autotrader and can't find an off road edition within 500 miles.....  I'm hoping they just fix it and I'm back on the road soon.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
Thanks.  People are scaring me betting they will want to total the truck.  I looked for comps on Autotrader and can't find an off road edition within 500 miles.....  I'm hoping they just fix it and I'm back on the road soon.

Dibs on your sliders.  ;)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.