Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Qube Tent  (Read 3125 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -668
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Qube Tent
« on: April 01, 2017, 07:43:32 AM »
this was posted of FB
https://www.qubetents.com
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Re: Qube Tent
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »
Like the ShiftPod, but four-sided instead of six.  I wonder how they hold up in wind and rain.  Much better price.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
Looks like normal tent fabric vs the quilted fabric of the shiftpods. 

Also packs down smaller because it is smaller in diameter. 

Very nice.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
They look nice for family camping and the like in groomed camping spots but out in the desert they might take a beating with the winds that can kick up in my opinion. I don't know that they would fall apart but the profile will take the brunt of the wind and put a lot of stress on the tent maybe making for a rough night. The idea of setting everyone's up together with access to one another's tents doesn't appeal to me whatsoever and seems to be the main gimmick behind them. The idea with the easy setup seem super nice. If I had my druthers about it I would save up for a Shift Pod. If not a low profile wind shearing shelter might be the way to go but those have the obvious drawbacks for cramped space. The Yurt design of the Shift Pod is really amazing. They took something that will withstand the harshest of environments and made it into a lightweight shelter that will support lots of people comfortably in several different environments. While I do not own a Shift Pod in my younger years I did a lot of high altitude mountaineering in places like the European Alps, Sud Tirol, Norway, Macedonia and here in the Sierras at home. When you have to haul it on your back you want something super lightweight and bomber in construction. Once inside in a mess of a storm they really work well but you are stuck inside. Any movement more than rolling to a different side is a lot of work. Think eating and the like which typically has to be done in a vestibule and is still not optimal. A Yurt style design really accommodates the weather and allows a level of comfort that a mountaineering shelter will not. Now would you do a high altitude mountaineering trip with a Shift Pod, of course not but we have our vehicles to schlepp that weight and it's not on our backs. Why not live in the best comfort you possibly can. It's really cool to see all the recent innovations come about that make our lives a whole lot easier out there!
Isaiah 6:8