Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Disaster & Emergency Survival Class  (Read 4450 times)

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
Disaster & Emergency Survival Class
« on: October 18, 2016, 05:28:58 AM »
Rogue Overland is bringing Chris Wharton up to Las Vegas to put on a class in December.  If you are interested, here is the flyer:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:33:14 AM by Sage Bromax »
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Re: Disaster & Emergency Survival Class
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »
tempted to take this class. Funny that i been searching for medical courses locally lately.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:12:14 AM »
tempted to take this class. Funny that i been searching for medical courses locally lately.

Worth a look...and local...

https://www.rei.com/events/wilderness-first-aid-with-wmi-and-rei/san-diego/158501
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »
That looks like an awesome program too, Ghost. It's not quite the "how to survive for days on end after a major disaster" program that the one in NV is, but it's very relevant for what we do. I'm super interested. I was a certified medical first responder when I was a firefighter (back in my early 20s), but a lot has changed since then (and I've forgotten a lot, too), and I could certainly benefit from some new/fresh training. Anyone else interested in taking the San Diego REI First Aid Class Jan 14th and 15th and want to enroll with me?

EJsarus

• 5th gen T4R
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:12:57 AM »
That looks like an awesome program too, Ghost. It's not quite the "how to survive for days on end after a major disaster" program that the one in NV is, but it's very relevant for what we do. I'm super interested. I was a certified medical first responder when I was a firefighter (back in my early 20s), but a lot has changed since then (and I've forgotten a lot, too), and I could certainly benefit from some new/fresh training. Anyone else interested in taking the San Diego REI First Aid Class Jan 14th and 15th and want to enroll with me?
I am but my wife is trying to sign me up to some courses thru her nurse agency. will see how that goes and if not, i will take the course ghost posted.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
Just FYI Edwin - if you click on "view more dates" at the top of that page, there's another one in Tustin in early December. Much closer to home for you, but it looks like there's only 7 spots left.

https://www.rei.com/events/wilderness-first-aid-with-wmi-and-rei/tustin/130530

EJsarus

• 5th gen T4R
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
didnt notice it. lol thanks for the heads up.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »

Agreed Joe...was keying in on Edwin's "medical" angle.  8)

I'm going to talk with D when she get's home from her trip to Hot Lanta and see if she's game...pretty sure it's a yes, but these days syncing our schedules for future events has been a bit challenging, plus dropping $450 warrants a definite "hey what do you think?" before clicking "submit."  ;) ;) ;)
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
Well count me in also if you guys decide to pull the trigger. Just let me know.  8)

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »
I thought something was familiar about Basecamp....Yota-Spy.  I can't believe I haven't put 2 and 2 together until now.

R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Yota-Spy

• 4wd Pts: 5
    • 2016 Toyota Tacoma (Hey, I was invited here...)
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »
Wow, news travels fast. Folks, I write my own curriculum and deliver it with my own conviction. I responded to Japan after a quake sent radiation into the mix, and the Philippines when infection provoked manageable wounds into a medics nightmare. I developed my curriculum with memories of East Africa and a humanitarian disaster. I am doing this class as cheap as I can because I believe y'all to be the vanguards of safer behavior. Y'all turn up, I promise you a show and some fun.

"If at first you don't succeed... ya may wanna avoid base jumping"

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 07:34:43 AM »
Great stuff Yota Spy. Do you ever do classes in So Cal, or is Vegas as close as we're going to get?