Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Thinking about a change.....  (Read 2818 times)

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Thinking about a change.....
« on: June 02, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »
All,
I have the OEM touch screen in the 2014 pro 4x. I am looking to replace it with an ATOTO A6, or similar type of unit.

Was wondering if any of you had done this mod and what parts and issues did you run into...
Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC

CraigBos

• 4wd Pts: 7
    • 2014 Xterra Pro-4X
Re: Thinking about a change.....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »
Not sure what an Atoto A6 is, but I did have fun times installing a Pioneer head unit.  See this thread:  https://www.sccxterra.com/smf/index.php?topic=4464
K6BOS - Craig

Gunslinger2N

• 4wd Pts: 5
  • semel iterumque referebant eos ad contritionem!!!!
    • 2014 Pro-4X
Re: Thinking about a change.....
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »
Thanks, That helps a ton! I was starting to get all blurry eyed for all the connectors and options! You have made this a ton easier on me!

The Atoto A6 is an android head unit
options are as follows...

1) Maintain factory steering wheel controls
2) GPS on board
3) WIFI on board
4) Unlocked web browser
5) Ability to use the ROCKFOS amp / speakers
6) Maintain factory back up camera
7) Maintain factory AUX and USB Port connections
8) ADD dash cam (able to take snapshots, record video and in the event of an accident it locks in footage for litigation.. LOL. Size is expandable via memory cards)
9) Nice larger screen that is decent in direct sun light..... Nothing is perfect.
10) Ability to link to my Delorme / Garmin via bluetooth and use the Earthmate app on the touch screen. currently using an iPad mini for this option.

Just seems like a good option for me. I dont know if you have had the PHANTON issues that I have had with the OEM system.... But it makes me crazy.

Gunslinger2N / KM6WOC